Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad is bright, fresh and bursting with flavor. In keeping with the summer theme, we love adding some mango salsa too!
If you love salad meals, check out our hearty orzo pasta salad, chinese chicken salad, southwest chickpea salad, tabouli salad, broccoli ramen salad.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
As far as salads go, it’s really important for me that it’s full of flavour. I’m not a fan of bland, wimpy salads at all. I’d rather not eat them. They should also be hearty and filling if I want to have them as a meal.
And this Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad ticks both those boxes. Its bursting with fresh, bright flavours and is a super hearty salad. I know. Because I’ve been eating this all week. I’ve combined all the summer flavours – cilantro, lime, mangoes, spicy jalapenos, grilled bell peppers and onions and a lot of crunch from romaine lettuce.
Trust me when I say, this salad will be the first thing to go on the dinner table. It’s also amazing for grilling while you enjoy the summer sun.
Cilantro Lime Flavours
We are really infusing the salas with the flavours from cilantro and lime. We start by making a marinade that will also double up as a dressing later. So we divide it into half and use part marinade and part as dressing. It’s made of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, paprika and salt. You can’t go wrong with these flavours.
While the chicken is marinating, you can prep your other ingredients. Wash and dry the lettuce. A salad spinner will come really handy for that. And toss together a quick Mango salsa that’s a must when you are tossing together this salad. Mango salsa adds that perfect sweet spicy balance to this salad.
For the mango salsa, you’ll need chopped ripe mangoes, jalapeno, red onions, red bell peppers, mint, cumin, lime juice and salt. It’s so good you’ll be eating it all by itself! But save some for the salad – it really works!
Lets just say, this salad will convert you and you’ll be making it all summer long. It’s so refreshing, and amazing if served cold. You can also combine it with some quinoa or farro if you want to add some grains to your salad but I love it as is.
More Chicken Salads
Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For the Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cubed
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 1 cup Mango Salsa (optional)
- Whisk together all the ingredients for marinade dressing. Marinate the chicken in half the dressing for 10 minutes, reserving the rest for the salad.
- Heat a grill pan and place the chicken breasts on it. Cook on each side for 4-5 minutes. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes and then slice.
- In the same grill pan, add the red bell peppers and onions along with a tablespoon of the dressing and grill on high heat till lightly charred. Remove and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place roughly torn romaine lettuce at the bottom of the bowl. Place red bell peppers, onions, chicken and mango salsa (if using) on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing. Toss and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This is “i would order this in a restaurant over and over” kind of good. My boyfriend said he’s never been so happy eating a salad. Perfect for summer and simple too
Thank you so much for sharing this article. I am a south Indian, I didn’t know much about salads .i started to search and make a different salad when I became diabetic.actually when is started to diet due to health issues. But now I enjoy making different dishes, healthy diets.today was my first view through your pages .itz interesting.i will surely try your recipes.espicially thank you for sharing nutrition facts.keep posting