The Best Swedish Meatballs are smothered in the most amazing rich and creamy gravy. The meatballs are packed with such delicious flavor. You will quickly agree these are the BEST you have ever had!
The countdown until school starts is happening at our house. We have been SO busy getting ready. My oldest is starting Jr High! I just can’t believe it. Even when I was registering him I remembered walking down the halls of my jr high like it was yesterday. It is so weird to be a parent and watch your kids grow up so fast. And then you remember that you are just getting old. 😉
With school starting I am all about easy and delicious weeknight meals. Swedish meatballs are such a classic perfect meal!
And the best part… my entire family LOVES them!
I used similar ingredients for the meatballs from my mom’s recipe here. But the creamy sauce has a secret ingredient that our family loves which I think adds such amazing flavor. Worcestershire sauce. It really adds good flavor to the creamy sauce and takes it to the next level.
The creamy gravy sauce is really what makes this meal so incredible!
This meal is ready in just 30 minutes and perfect for feeding a hungry family during the week. We loved serving ours over egg noddles, but it would also be great served over mashed potatoes or rice. It is such a classic recipe and this one I believe is the best! I know that it will become a favorite in your family as well.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl combine ground beef, panko, parsley, allspice, nutmeg, onion, garlic powder, pepper, salt and egg. Mix until combined.
- Roll into 12 large meatballs or 20 small meatballs. In a large skillet heat olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter. Add the meatballs and cook turning continuously until brown on each side and cooked throughout. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add 4 Tablespoons butter and flour to skillet and whisk until it turns brown. Slowly stir in beef broth and heavy cream. Add worchestershire sauce and dijon mustard and bring to a simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
Don’t Forget to enter in our $550 Holiday cash Giveaway!!
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017