Roasted Brown Butter Honey Garlic Carrots make an excellent side dish. Roasted to tender perfection in the most incredible brown butter honey garlic sauce these will become a new favorite!
I recently went with some of my blog BFF’s to San Francisco. We had such an amazing time touring the sites. But lets be honest. It is all about the FOOD when we travel! One of my favorite places was Humphry’s Ice cream. Their ice cream is so good that I would move to San Francisco just to be closer to it. You will be blown away with their delicious and creamy ice cream. We went there every single day that they were there. My absolute favorite flavor had brown butter in the ice cream!
Brown butter is life. I am convinced that it makes everything better.
As I was trying to think of how to jazz up these carrots I knew that brown butter had to be involved. Brown butter is just that extra step to adding a rich and nutty flavor to what you are making. I combined this nutty buttery flavor with a little bit of sweet. Plus garlic. Garlic is also an amazing ingredient. All of these things combine to bring you the best carrots of your life!
The carrots get tossed in this amazing sauce and then they roast in the oven. I love to roast my veggies because it gives them a tender center and a crisp edge. It only takes about 15 minutes until these carrots are done and they are going to really be the star of the dinner table.
They make such a perfect side to your next meal. I promise that you will agree that these carrots are the best that you have ever had!
- 2 pounds large carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces (baby carrots will also work)
- ½ cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium saucepan add the butter and cook over medium high heat. Continue to whisk for a few minutes until the butter starts to become frothy and brown. Add the honey and garlic and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add the carrots and drizzle the sauce on top. Toss until coated and spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender. (see note) Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
You will also love:
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017