Tender and juicy chicken breasts that get coated in a sticky sweet asian sauce. This meal is ready in just thirty minutes and the flavor is awesome!
Isn’t life just so dang busy? And now that it is starting to warm up outside we soak up the sun any chance that we can get. But if there is one thing that I alway try to do is have a meal ready for my family each night. We really do enjoy coming together at the dinner table and talking and joking around. So I really love when I am able to create an easy and delicious meal!
You have probably noticed by now that I love asian flavored meals on the blog. Some of my most popular recipes are asian inspired dishes and they are to die for. My favorite food is Chinese and I have been able to create restaurant quality dishes in my kitchen.
This meal instantly became one of my top five asian recipes with the first bite!
The sticky and sweet sauce on these bad boys is absolutely incredible. It is made with a delicious sauce of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar and a squeeze of a fresh lime. Don’t all of those flavors combined sound amazing? I love how thick and sticky the sauce is glazed over the chicken.
And the very best part… it is ready in just 30 minutes. So you are able to bring a delicious asian inspired meal to your family in no time at all!
Our family absolutely loved this meal! Everything about this meal turned out perfect. From the tender and juicy chicken to the sticky and sweet asian sauce. All you need to do is garnish with some sesame seeds and chopped green onions and you have an easy restaurant quality meal right at home!
- 1 Pound thinly sliced Chicken Breasts, or boneless chicken thighs*
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons ginger, peeled and grated
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of one lime
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 Tbs of olive oil. Add the chicken and salt and pepper. Cook chicken about 3 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 165 degrees and brown on each side. Set chicken aside on plate.
- In the skillet whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens. **
- Add chicken back to the sauce and coat each side with the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
** You can also prepare the sauce in a medium saucepan without removing the chicken from the skillet and baste. I just like to only dirty one pan. 🙂