This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
5 Ingredient Corn Casserole is in the oven for less than five minutes. It’s the perfect side dish for the holidays with almost no effort at all!
5 Ingredient Corn Casserole Recipe
This super easy, no-fail, comfort food side dish goes with any meal, from your weekday dish to a special holiday. This will become a tradition for sure. Corn works as a side dish so well because it goes with everything, and this recipe is no exception. The creamed corn brings in a sweet taste, while the cornbread mix brings the most perfect texture.
This side dish is so easy you’ll find yourself memorizing the recipe and sharing it with everyone who tries it! Serve it with your Thanksgiving or Christmas feast. Or do as I do and use it all year long! When a recipe takes less than 5 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to prepare, you can bet I will use it as much as possible!
Ingredients in Baked Corn Casserole
Since this casserole has only 5 ingredients, this list is short and sweet! But don’t let that fool you. It is packed with delicious flavor! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Corn Muffin Mix: This is the most important ingredient in your casserole. Don’t leave it out!
- Whole Kernel Corn: Make sure to drain your can of whole kernel corn.
- Creamed Corn: You don’t want to drain this corn.
- Sour Cream: This adds a creaminess to the texture and binds everything together.
- Butter: I use unsalted butter in this recipe.
What if my Casserole is Dry?
If you find it has trouble binding together or it’s too crumbly for you, add in 2 large eggs to help it all stay together.
How to Make 5 Ingredient Corn Casserole
With a creamy texture on the inside and the perfect golden crust on the outside, this is the best quick casserole for any occasion!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine: In a large bowl, add the corn muffin mix, corn, creamed corn, sour cream, and melted butter. Stir together until combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake and Serve: Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm and enjoy!
Can I Double this Corn Casserole?
Yes! You can double this recipe if you are serving dinner to a large crowd. Double the ingredients and place them in a 9×13 pan. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55-65 minutes. Add additional time if needed until the top is golden brown.
Variations for Corn Casserole
Here are a few ways to change up this 5 ingredient corn casserole!
- Add some Heat: For a bit of spice, add a 4-ounce jar of chopped chilis and 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- Make it a Jalapeno Popper Corn Casserole: Add cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeños, and small dots of cream cheese for a jalapeño popper version.
- Bacon and BBQ: Combine chopped bacon and cheddar cheese and serve with a small topping of BBQ sauce for a BBQ version.
- Make it Tex-Mex: Turn this into a Tex-Mex dinner by topping with taco meat, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream for a taco casserole version.
- Make it Street Corn: Top with cotija cheese, cayenne pepper, and additional sour cream for a Mexican street corn version.
- Add some Cheese: Stir in 1 cup of any of your favorite shredded cheese.
You can easily store leftovers of this casserole (if you are lucky enough to have some)! Here is how you can make them last a few days:
- In the Refrigerator: This will last for one week in an airtight container in the fridge. You can reheat it in the microwave.
- Can I Freeze Leftovers? I don’t recommend freezing this five ingredient corn casserole.
- Make it Ahead of Time: This is so easy to make, I recommend putting it together just before cooking, but you can prepare it ahead of time. Combine all of the ingredients together in the casserole dish and store it in the fridge. Let the dish come to room temperature before baking it. If you need to though prepare the night before and before cooking bring the dish to room temperature.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
5 Ingredient Corn Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the corn muffin mix, corn, creamed corn, sour cream, and melted butter. Stir together until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.