5 Ingredient Corn Casserole in the oven in less than five minutes, it’s the perfect side dish for the holidays with almost no effort at all!
Corn Casserole is a ridiculously easy side dish perfect for any event from your family bbq to holiday dinners. This side dish is so easy you’ll find yourself memorizing the recipe and sharing it with everyone who tries the dish. This Corn Casserole actually uses two different kinds of canned corn including one classic canned corn and one can of creamed corn.
Hey everyone, it’s Sabrina again from Dinner, then Dessert. This month I’m happy to bring you guys an easy side dish! We love this recipe and truth be told I have it memorized and so does my husband! AND, its so easy to make he even makes it sometimes to help out while I’m cooking!
The only even mildly confusing part (read: hubby’s mistake), make sure you pay attention to the recipe before adding, the whole kernel corn is drained, the creamed corn is not.
Alternate mix-ins/flavor ideas for this 5 Ingredient Corn Casserole:
- Add a 4 ounce jar of chopped chilis and 2 teaspoons of cumin for a spicy latin kick.
- Add cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeños and small dots of cream cheese for a jalapeño popper version.
- Add chopped bacon, cheddar cheese and serve with a small topping of bbq sauce for a bbq version.
- Top with taco meat, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream for a taco casserole version.
- Top with cotija cheese, cayenne pepper and additional sour cream for a Mexican street corn version.
Looking to double the recipe for the holidays? Make sure you keep the pan the same depth even if larger, then add an additional ten minutes to the cook time and start checking for doneness (you want a slight golden brown crispy exterior).
- 8 ounce box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 15 ounce whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 ounce creamed corn, not drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan well.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and add it to the baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If desired brush on just a bit of melted butter before serving (optional).
Looking for some more side dishes? Check out a few options: