This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This Air Fryer Shrimp is tender, delicious and so easy to make! With only a few ingredients, this shrimp marinates and has the best flavor!
10 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
Air Frying is taking the cooking world by storm, and there’s good reason too. It’s quick. Easy clean up, and creates amazing dishes that more healthy for you. If you haven’t tried an air fryer, it’s time to get on the bandwagon! And this shrimp recipe is a golden ticket winner when it comes to flavor and ease.
Marinating the shrimp infuses the flavor into the shrimp. Air frying allows the flavor to remain on the shrimp without burning it too, giving it a nice outer coating. The inside of this air fryer shrimp is tender and perfectly seasoned.
Easy Air Fryer Shrimp Ingredients
Quick and easy, but oh so yummy! With this super easy air fryer shrimp recipe, shrimp can be served any day of the week. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Shrimp: Large or Jumbo Shrimp
- Salt and Pepper: Just to taste
- Olive Oil: Adds a nice mild flavor
- Red Wine Vinegar: Helps the marinate the flavors into the shrimp
- Garlic: If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves then you can use minced garlic from the jar instead. 1/2 teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Italian Seasoning: A perfect blend of spices.
- Lemon Juice: Lemons and shrimp just go together
- Soy Sauce: Adds the perfect amount of flavor
- Dijon Mustard: This adds in a nice flavor to the air fryer shrimp.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds a nice umami tang.
Making Perfect Air Fryer Shrimp
You will need to plan on marinating the shrimp for at least an hour before adding it to the air fryer. It gives the shrimp so much flavor!
- Season: Salt and Pepper the shrimp to your liking
- Mix: In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, soy sauce, dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. whisk to combine.
- Marinate: Add in the shrimp and marinate for at least one hour up to overnight.
- Drain: Remove the marinade and place in the air fryer basket
- Cook: Fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheint for 8 minutes or till pink and cooked throughout.
Tips for the Best Shrimp
A few tips and tricks will help you have the perfect air fryer shrimp every time.
- Frozen: You can definitely use frozen shrimp, make sure they are thawed before you marinate them.
- Overcrowd: Don’t put too many in the air fryer basket. It needs to be able to circulate the hot air around the shrimp to cook them. If you have to cook in batches.
- Flip it: You can flip the shrimp half way through although you don’t have too, it’s a preference
- Tails: Removing the tails is also a preference thing. I left them on.
How to Know When Shrimp is Done
- Sight: When shrimp turns to that beautiful pink color all over with red tells and the flesh has a nice opaque whiteness to it. It’s done.
- Temp: The internal temp of cooked shrimp is 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to make sure that it is cooked through.
- Over Cook: You don’t want to over cook shrimp. It becomes rubbery so check it before you think it might be done. And remove promptly once it is as it will keep cooking in the fryer if left.
How to Store Leftover Shrimp
This air fryer shrimp will get eaten so quickly, you probably won’t have leftovers! But if you do, here is how you store them!
- In the Fridge: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: You can reheat leftovers in the air fryer. Don’t reheat shrimp in the microwave, it will make them soggy.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Air Fryer Shrimp
- Salt and pepper the shrimp.
- In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, soy sauce, Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and let it marinate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until pink and cooked throughout.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.