Creamy and packed with flavor, this baked bacon dip is to die for! You will love all of the ingredients that come together to make it the best dip that you’ve ever had!
You all know that I love a good dip! They are perfect for any occasion! Try out this 5-minute million-dollar dip, this delicious hot spinach artichoke dip, or another family favorite, this crack chicken dip!
Baked Bacon Dip Recipe
This baked bacon dip is the ultimate party food!! It has everything that anyone could ever want in a dip. If you put cheese and bacon together in a dip, you’ll see me running back for more! I love when dips are delicious and easy, and this one totally accomplishes both.
Not only can you whip up this dip in less than 30 minutes (including baking time!), but it even leaves you time to slice up a homemade crostini or a French baguette. Try serving this next to some other appetizers like jalapeño poppers and wings; you will be the house everyone wants to go to for game day! Or, use any tortilla chips, pretzels, and crackers you already have on hand. Whatever you dip into this will taste delicious!
Ingredients in Baked Bacon Dip
These ingredients are simple AND taste amazing when you blend them all together for this dip! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cream Cheese: Let your cream cheese sit out for a bit to soften up before you mix this dip. It will make it easier to combine into the mixture with the other ingredients.
- Sour Cream: This adds a tang and creaminess to the base of the dip.
- Bacon: Cook and cop your bacon before you add it to the dip.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese from the block mixes in the best but pre-shredded cheese works too!
- Garlic Powder: I thik garlic flavoring should be added to everything!
- Salt and Pepper: These will enhance all of the flavors in the dip.
- Garnish: I like to top the dip with chives or green onions for added color and flavor.
How to Make Homemade Baked Bacon Dip
This bacon dip is a breeze to make! Dips are always the first thing to go at a party, so you might want to consider doubling the recipe. It’s definitely one that you want to have for leftovers!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine: In a large bowl combine cream cheese and the sour cream. Then add in the bacon (reserve 2 tablespoons for topping), 2 cups of cheese (reserve the other ½ cup for topping), garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and stir everything together.
- Top: Add it to a 2-quart baking dish, and then top with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake: Put it in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish: Remove from the oven and top with chives or green onions.
You can change this baked bacon cheese dip to serve it exactly what you want! Here are a few ideas that you can try!
- Veggies: I know that dips are usually eated with chips or pretzels or crackers but try this dip with vegetables. I love using carrots, cucumbers, celery or cauliflower to eat with this dip. They help make it a little healthier!
- Bread Bowl: A fun way to serve this is to make it in a bread bowl instead of a dish! Here is a recipe for a bread bowl that you can bake beforehand. Bake up the dip as instructed and then you can transfer it to a fresh bread bowl right before serving!
How to Store Leftover Dip
If you have baked bacon dip leftover then place it in an airtight container and store it in your fridge. It will last about 3 days. You can heat it up in the oven or eat it chilled!
Baked Bacon Dip
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces Sour Cream
- 1 pound Bacon (fully cooked and chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Chives or Green Onions (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and sour cream. Then add in the bacon (reserve 2 tablespoons for topping), 2 cups of cheese (reserve the other ½ cup for topping), garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and stir everything together.
- Add it to a 2-quart baking dish, and then top with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with chives or green onions.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I made this for a birthday party and a potluck work event. Everyone loved it. I did add a little bit of dry ranch dressing for some zest.