Creamy and delicious baked taquitos with a sweet and tangy honey lime flavor. Quick and easy and a recipe that the entire family will devour!
We sure do love baked taquitos at our house. I have made a couple of different versions here and here. They are quick and easy and a family favorite. I recently discovered a quicker short cut. I buy a rotisserie chicken at the store. Why was I so late jumping on that band wagon? Rotisserie chicken is so tender and easy to shred. It is perfect for making these taquitos and they are in the oven in no time at all!
One of our favorite recipes on the blog are these Honey Lime Enchiladas. It was one of the first recipes that made it onto the blog and my husband requests them all of the time! Honey and lime together is such a unique and delicious flavor combination. And since we loved them so much, I thought it was time to bake them as a taquito!
You guys. These are the BEST taquitos ever! The flavor is absolutely incredible. They are so delicious, creamy and cheesy on the inside. They made it to the top of the favorite baked taquito combination. The entire family devoured them including the baby. They are great by themselves or you can dip them in this amazing cilantro lime sour cream. Either way, you are going to love them as much as we did!
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream recipe from Lovely Little Kitchen
Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded, I used rotisserie
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro finely chopped
- 8-10 flour tortillas small
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup green taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil and spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, lime juice and honey. Add in the shredded chicken, colby jack cheese, and cilantro. Stir until combined well.
- Add about 3 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture about 1 inch from the edge of the flour tortilla. Roll it up and place it seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with each one and place about 1 inch apart not touching each other on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tortilla is lightly browning around the edges.
To make the cilantro lime sour cream:
- Whisk together sour cream, taco sauce, lime juice and cilantro.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
These are requested at all the gatherings I go to or host myself. Super easy and so good. I just use the real small street taco tortillas to get more taquitos done out of it. Crowd pleaser, for sure.
I make this at least once a month. My husband LOVES this recipe. I even made it with the mini street taco tortillas for a party and they were a hit!! I use a little less honey and a little more chili powder, but other than that, it’s perfect 🙂
That is great to hear! I am so glad he LOVES it!! That makes my heart so happy! These are always a huge hit at a party! Way to go!! Thanks for sharing! XOXO
I agree with Lyn that this was too sweet. I am trying them again with much less honey. The sour cream lime sauce was superb….. I also used the combo corn/wheat tortillas, and they were perfect.
mmmm…so good. Thanks for sharing. A little sweet. 1/4 honey opposed to 1/3.
Just made these…DELICIOUS!
Oh my goodness, these look AMAZING!!! I love taquitos, and this yummy recipe is definitely going onto the weekly menu! 🙂 Pinned!
I love love love taquitos and these flavors sound super good!
Hi Alyssa, on this taquitos can I just instead grill the chicken in very small cubes/pieces? I don’t like shredded chicken , if you can take time to answer me thanks 🙂
These look so perfect, LOVE the flavors!!