Blueberry pancakes are a classic breakfast option for a good reason… They are the best! Soft, fluffy, and packed with fresh, juicy blueberries, you won’t be able to stop at just one!
If you love pancakes for breakfast, then you must try out a few more of my favorites! After all, there are SO many ways to cook up delicious pancakes. You don’t want to miss any! Try these Lemon Pancakes, these cornbread pancakes, and these delicious cinnamon roll pancakes!
Homemade Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
If you love homemade blueberry pancakes, then boy do I have the BEST recipe for you to try! These blueberry pancakes turn out perfect every time. They are fluffy pancakes that are so soft and delicious. The fresh blueberries provide that juicy taste when you bite into them that is so amazing when you combine it with the pancake and syrup.
I love pancake recipes because they are so quick and easy to make, and these ones are no exception. You can whip them up in under 10 minutes, and they will taste like you went to a restaurant for breakfast or brunch! Plus, they are simple enough that they will go with any syrup. I like to try eating mine with coconut syrup or this homemade buttermilk syrup. You can’t go wrong!
Ingredients in Blueberry Pancakes
These blueberry pancakes use staple pantry items that you probably already have on hand! Grab some fresh blueberries and make this delicious breakfast as soon as possible. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Egg: I always use a large egg when i am making pancakes.
- Canola Oil: You can use vegetable instead if that’s what you have on hand.
- Milk: I use 1 percent milk but you can use any milk that you have in your fridge.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour and it worked great for these pancakes! If you like a little healthier version, try these whole wheat pancakes instead.
- Salt: The salt enhances all of the flavors in the pancakes.
- Sugar: I like to add sugar so that the overall flavor is a little sweet.
- Baking Powder: The baking powder helps these pancakes to rise and be nice and fluffy.
- Blueberries: I use fresh blueberries! You can use frozen but I would thaw and drain them first.
Let’s Make Some Pancakes!
Blueberry pancakes are so simple yet delicious. It’s no wonder they are such a classic breakfast option. Once you try this recipe, you will have a go-to recipe for pancakes that you will never veer away from!
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl whisk together egg, oil, and milk.
- Stir Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Combine: Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine. Fold in blueberries.
- Cook: Preheat a griddle or pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and drop about ⅓ cup of the batter onto the warm skillet. Once it forms bubbles then flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
Variations to Your Perfect Pancakes
Change up your blueberry pancakes so that they have different flavors every time! My kids love adding other ingredients to the batter and making them their own!
- Fruits: You don’t just have to use blueberries, any fruit will do! Raspberries, strawberries, bananas are all so delicious!
- Nuts: You could add in some walnut or pecans to your pancake better to add a little crunch. A little goes a long way!
- Flavors: Add a teaspoon of your favorite exract to change up the base flavor of the pancake. Almond, vanilla and coconut extracts are a great place to start!
Can You Freeze Blueberry Pancakes?
Yes! I love doubling or tripling the batch and then freezing some for later. This way, I can take them out of the freezer and quickly heat them up. It’s such a time saver!
- How to Freeze Blueberry Pancakes: Once the pancakes are cool then lay then all on a baking sheet in a single layer for about an hour (doing this first helps them not stick together in the container). Then, transfer then to a plastic bag or an airtight container. Label it with the date. They will last for about 2 months.
- How to Reheat Frozen Pancakes: Remove from the freezer and either pop them into the toaster or microwave. No need to thaw before reheating.
The Best Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Blueberries
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together egg, oil, and milk.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine. Fold in blueberries.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and drop about ⅓ cup of the batter onto the warm skillet. Once it forms bubbles then flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.