This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
The Most Perfect Brownie Recipe Ever is right here for you to make today. These homemade brownies are rich, decadent and full of soul satisfying chocolate!
Once you taste these homemade brownies, you’ll kick the box to the curb! Store bought brownies have preservatives and additives that can leave it tasting flat. In homemade brownies you control the ingredients and the flavor is out of this world! Rich and absolutely indulgent, these homemade chocolatey brownies are going to hit the spot. These are a true chocolate lovers dream come true kind of brownie. You have to make this brownie recipe for your family today!
I packed in 3 different kinds of chocolate to create a fudgy complex but satisfying brownie recipe. I love taking these homemade brownies to parties and potlucks and watching them disappear. These are super easy to throw together and a short stint in the oven and you will be enjoying gooey brownies in no time. Perfect for any occasion, chocolate is always the answer to everything, so this brownie recipe is definitely the answer to your need for a treat!
Ingredients for the Best Homemade Brownies
Truly amazing tasting, you are going to love these homemade brownies! This is truly the best brownie recipe with the perfect texture and chocolatey goodness. Find the exact measurements located in the recipe card below.
- Butter: Using unsalted butter, keeps the brownies from being too salty. You can find it with the regular butter.
- Sugar: Use white sugar, not brown sugar which will change the way it tastes and cooks.
- Eggs: Have your eggs at room temperature for easier mixing.
- Vanilla: Vanilla actually helps chocolate taste more like chocolate so don’t leave it out.
- All-purpose flour: I used all-purpose flour, it provides enough structure to hold all the goodness of these brownies.
- Salt: This will balance the sweet, you need it for the flavor.
- Baking powder: This is the raising agent so that they puff up and not lay flat.
- Cocoa Powder: Regular unsweetened cocoa or natural cocoa works best here.
- Dark cocoa powder: I used Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder or dutch processed cocoa.
- Chocolate chips or chunks: Chop up your favorite semi-sweet or milk chocolate bar for an even richer flavor.
How to Make Brownies from Scratch
Simple to make you are going to be making these brownies at home all the time! Skip the box with these 5 easy steps to making brownies from scratch. These homemade brownies are out of this world, delicious!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9×13 baking pan with pan spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix: In a medium bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Sift: In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and both cocoa powders. If you want a darker brownie, go ahead and use 1/2 cup regular cocoa powder and 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake: Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. If you like your brownies a little more on the gooey side, bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Enjoy: Allow the brownies to cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Pair with ice cream for a delectable treat!
All About Cocoa Powders
There are two main types of cocoa powder and both will be divine in this brownie recipe. Cocoa is the most important ingredient for these homemade brownies. Choose the cocoa that you will love to make the perfect brownies!
- Natural Cocoa: If the cocoa powder is labeled as natural, or no label, it’s natural cocoa. Natural cocoa is processed cocoa solids, which are ground into a fine powder. It has a light color and tends to have a slightly acidic taste.
- Dutch Cocoa: This is cocoa that has been processed to help neutralize the acid. It usually has a richer, smoother, more chocolatey flavor than natural. It will also have a bit of reddish color to it.
- Cocoa in this Recipe: I used a combination of both natural and dutch cocoa to create a swoon-worthy flavor that is rich and a real mouth full. You can use any combination or just one or the other cocoa powder to create the flavor you want. The dark chocolate cocoa is both regular and dutch cocoas. The other cocoa is just natural cocoa powder.
Tips For The Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
These will be hard to mess up and be prepared to fend off the masses when they are done! These Chocoalte brownies are to die for and perfect for any occasion.
- Sift: If you seamless mixing, sift the dry ingredients which will get rid of any lumps.
- Do Not Over Mix: Overmixing will result in fallen tough brownies. Mix just until combined.
- Melt the Butter: Melting the butter will help create the shiny crackly top everyone loves so much. Make sure you mix the eggs, butter, and sugar long enough that the sugar starts to dissolve. That is the true secret.
- Thick: The batter will be thick and that is exactly how you want it!
- Do Not Over Cook: You do not want to overcook the brownies, this will keep your brownies good and fudgy.
- Quality Chocolate: If you want impeccable tasting brownies, you want to use good quality chocolate chips or chocolate bar. Trust me you won’t regret it!
- Let it Cool: These brownies will cut best once they have cooled. That way they won’t run altogether. Another trick is to use a plastic knife to cut them.
Variations For Easy Brownie Recipe
There are obviously easy ways to make these brownies your own. Where you might need a recipe to make your easy brownies with a layer of cream cheese or Nutella-based, there are lots you can do with this recipe.
- Mix In: If you are not a super chocolate fan try mixing in milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet or dark chocolate. It will help give it a bit of milder taste. You can leave out the chocolate chunks altogether as well. Also, try using butterscotch or peanut butter chips for a delicious variation.
- Nuts: Try mixing in a cup of chopped nuts. We love using chopped pecans or walnuts. They just seem to go together. For a tropical twist add shredded coconut in with the chocolate chips.
- Top It: Our favorite thing to do is top it with vanilla ice cream and then add caramel or chocolate sauce, nuts, and whip cream for a brownie sundae you not about to forget. You can also frost the brownies once completely cooled to add flavor and decoration.
- Decorate: Add sprinkles or extra chocolate chips to the top after you remove them from the oven for a bit of pizazz.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Homemade Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder)
- 4 ounces chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 baking pan with pan spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together butter and sugar in a medium bowl until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder into another bowl. If you want a darker brownie, go ahead and use 1/2 cup regular cocoa powder and 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder. Gently mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. If you like your brownies a little more on the gooey side, bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Pair with ice cream for a delectable treat!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.