This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is so easy to make and filled with fresh veggies, chicken, and crunchy cashews. The glaze on top is incredible!
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
I am definitely obsessed with cashews. And asian inspired meals. So when the two of them combine into one meal… you know its going to become an instant favorite. I love being able to use fresh veggies in a meal and that is why I especially love a good stir fry. It is a complete meal all made in one pan. I also added zucchini into this meal and everything came together perfectly.
The glaze on top of this chicken is absolutely perfect! The sauce thickened up and coated the chicken so well. The flavor was unreal! My hubby said this was one of the best things that I have made. I can’t wait for you to try it!
How do you make a good stir fry?
- To start, browning your chicken in a medium skillet or wok over medium high heat. Then add in your veggies and continue to cook until the veggies start to become tender. Add in cashews.
- Add in chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil. In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and water and add to the sauce. Pour over chicken and veggies and simmer for 2-3 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice.
What can I add to a stir fry?
- Bell peppers
- Hotter pepper varieties (red peppers, etc.)
- Water chestnuts
- Sliced Carrots
- Snow Peas
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into one inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- green onions sliced for garnish
- In a medium-sized skillet or wok over medium high heat add olive oil and chicken. Brown until almost cooked through and add zucchini, bell pepper, mushrooms, carrots, and snow peas. Cook until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink. Add cashews.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and sesame oil to the pan. In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Pour into pan and stir until incorporated. Let simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with green onions and serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.