This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Celery juice is a healthy and refreshing drink full of beneficial nutrients for your body. This healthy juice is simple to make at home and it comes together quickly in a blender.
I love a good juice or smoothie that I can make at home. It’s a great way to get fruits and vegetables in my kid’s diet. They love when I make them a smoothie for breakfast or for an after-school snack. Try my pineapple smoothie, this amazing peach smoothie, or this popular detox smoothie recipe. You will want to make them all the time!
What Does Celery Juice Taste Like?
Celery juice tastes just like what it is…celery in liquid form. It has a salty and grass-like taste but it is surprisingly refreshing. You only need celery stalks and water to make it. Flavor the juice by adding other fruits or vegetables to the blender. The popular craze for celery juice comes with so many health benefits. It’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! Everyone wants a swig of this healthy juice in hopes of being healthier.
Start your mornings off with celery juice for a boost of vitamins and nutrients. I love to make a big batch of juice to have with my breakfast all week long. Serve it with my scrambled eggs or these healthy pancakes. I also like to make these on-the-go omelets because they make mornings so easy. You will love adding this healthy juice to your morning meals!
Ingredients Needed to Make Healthy Juice
Fresh celery juice is a perfect way to add nutrients and fiber to your diet. To boost the flavor, add green apples, ginger, lemon juice, or other fresh ingredients to taste. I love playing around with different flavors to add to the celery juice. Adding lemon juice is my favorite because it brightens all the flavors. If I make it for my kids I add a little honey for sweetness. This juice is so versatile!
- Celery: Just grab a bunch of celery or a couple of bundles so you can make a big batch of juice.
- Water: The easiest ingredient in a recipe because you have water!
Celery Juice Recipe
Let me show you how easy it is to make this juice! Using a juicer is so convenient, but it’s just as easy if you don’t have one. It comes together in minutes! Follow my step-by-step instructions below to make this recipe at home. No more purchasing this juice at high-end stores. You’re going to love how simple it is! And you’ll save some money too!
- Wash and Cut: Wash and cut your celery into 2-inch pieces. Cut off the ends that are bad and discard them.
- Blend: Add the celery pieces and water to a high powdered blender. Blend well until the mixture no longer has chunks of celery and is just liquid.
- Strain: Strain the celery juice through cheesecloth into a medium bowl. You can also use a fine mesh strainer.
- Store and Enjoy: Store in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy. Shake the juice before drinking if it has settled on the bottom.
Celery Juice Benefits
I love the health benefits of celery juice especially when I am trying to make healthy choices. Celery juice may provide several benefits when consumed as a part of a healthy diet. It is super simple and inexpensive to make at home!
- Hydrating: Celery consists mostly of water making it extremely hydrating.
- Detox Benefits: Many people use this juice to help flush out toxins and detox their bodies. It also helps with inflammation.
- Low in Sugar: Celery has a very low sugar content compared to most juices.
- Full of Nutrients: Celery juice provides many nutrients, including calcium, potassium, and vitamins A, C, and K.
- Relieves: This juice has been known to relieve constipation, bloating, and high blood pressure.
Storing Leftover Juice
You can make a big batch of celery juice, but it is definitely best made fresh! I recommend consuming it within 2 days of making it. Store it in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Give it a good shake before drinking it because the fibers settle on the bottom as it sits.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- 1 celery bunch, about 12 stalks
- 1 cup water
- Wash and cut your celery into 2-inch pieces. Cut off the ends that are bad and discard them.
- Add the celery pieces and water to a high powdered blender. Blend well until the mixture no longer has chunks of celery and is just liquid.
- Strain the celery juice through cheesecloth into a medium bowl.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy. Shake the juice before drinking if it has settled on the bottom.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.