This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A quick and simple pasta dish that is cheesy and made with a seasonal ingredient– butternut squash! A healthier alternative that the family will love!
Hey everyone!! How was your Thanksgiving?! I hope it was filled with lots of great food and family/friends!
Today I’ve got a great pasta to make this weekend while you are (hopefully) relaxing and enjoying some leftovers or trying to keep things simple in the kitchen! This pasta dish is very simple and quick to make using a great seasonal ingredient — butternut squash!
To cut down on prep even more, you could buy a pre-peeled and chopped butternut squash. Then this dish would come together even quicker. Once that squash is all prepped, you just boil the squash until tender and then blend it with a few ingredients, toss it with cooked noodles, and voila: a healthy and delicious dinner in a flash!
More dinner recipes from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Cheesy Butternut Squash Pasta
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium low heat.
- Meanwhile, peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Cut into large chunks.
- Boil the squash until completely tender and then drain. Place the squash in the blender with the butter, lots of salt, pepper, broth, paprika, and milk.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles and add the cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with parsley if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.