Chocolate Snowball Cookies are a buttery melt in your mouth chocolate cookie featuring ground walnuts and sprinkled with powdered sugar. This is a delicious holiday classic cookie that you need to put on your baking list!
I don’t know about you guys but snowball cookies are a holiday must for me! If you are my neighbor and you bring me a plate of cookies and they include a snowball cookie we are instantly BFF’s. Snowball cookies are taken to the next level today by adding chocolate and ground walnuts which combine to give them a rich chocolatey nutty taste.
These cookies are the perfect snowball cookie. They bake to perfection and literally melt in your mouth… just the way a snowball cookie should!
One of my favorite parts of a snowball cookie is rolling them in the powdered sugar. This gives them a sweet and powdery finishing touch that reminds me of Christmas snow.
These cookies are incredible! They are so good that they might disappear before they make it to the neighbors house. 😉 My little two year old especially couldn’t get enough of these cute and delicious cookies. She would lick the powdered sugar and then eat the incredible chocolate cookie. The entire family loved these cookies!
You are going to love everything about these cookies. From the chocolately melt in your mouth cookies, to the nutty ground walnut taste, to the powdered sugar! These are going to become a new holiday favorite to bake.
Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- powdered sugar about 1 cup
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, add the brown sugar and butter and cream until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the mixture to the creamed mixture until incorporated.
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the walnuts to the dough and stir until incorporated. Cover the dough and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the tops start to crack. Let cool completely on wire racks. Roll in the powdered sugar.
This post was sponsored by the California Walnut Board. Thank you for allowing me to work with brands that I love. All opinions expressed are my own.
More delicious recipes made with walnuts: