This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Roll Cake is a cinnamon roll turned into an ooey-gooey, delicious cake! Swirled with buttery brown sugar cinnamon and topped with a sweet glaze… this is the BEST cake EVER!
The Best Cinnamon Roll Cake
This cinnamon roll cake first made its debut on the blog in 2012. One of the first and BEST recipes here on the blog. But the pictures just weren’t doing it any justice. A soft and gooey Cinnabon cinnamon roll turned into a cake!? You know this HAS to be good! The best part is every time I make it, I have all of the ingredients on hand, so there’s no grocery trip required.
This cake gets swirled with buttery cinnamon brown sugar and is baked to perfection. Once you pull it out of the oven, you add on the glaze and it just melts on top perfectly. I am telling you, this cake is to die for. It’s the perfect comfort dessert and great for any occasion! My kids beg me for it all of the time. Serve it fresh out of the oven and it will be gone in a matter of minutes!
Ingredients for Cinnamon Roll Cake
Together, these ingredients come together to create a delightful cinnamon roll cake that’s both comforting and delicious! I know your family will love it as much as mine does.
- Flour: Provides the base for the cake, giving it structure and texture.
- Salt: Enhances the overall flavor of the cake, balancing the sweetness.
- Sugar: Adds sweetness to the cake batter and the cinnamon filling.
- Baking Powder: Helps the cake rise and become light and fluffy.
- Milk: Adds moisture and richness to the batter, so you have an extra tender cake.
- Eggs: Contribute to the cake’s structure and also help bind the ingredients together.
- Vanilla: Infuses a warm, aromatic flavor into the cake, enhancing its taste.
- Butter (melted and softened): Melted butter in the batter adds richness, while softened butter in the filling creates a gooey texture.
- Brown Sugar: Creates a luscious, caramel-like filling with a hint of molasses flavor.
- Cinnamon: For that classic cinnamon roll taste.
- Nuts (optional): Adds crunch and a nutty flavor for those who enjoy extra texture.
For the Glaze:
- Powdered Sugar: Adds sweetness and also gives the glaze a smooth texture.
- Milk: To adjust the consistency.
- Vanilla Extract: For some extra delicious flavor!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Cake
Grab all of your ingredients and get ready to make the most amazing cinnamony dessert! Cinnamon roll cake will have the whole family hooked after the first bite.
- Preheat Oven, Prepare Batter: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then with an electric mixer or stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once that is combined, you slowly stir in 4 T melted butter. Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Brown Cinnamon Sugar Mixture: In a medium sized bowl, mix the softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts if you are using them. Then drop evenly over the cake better in your 9×13 inch pan. Use a knife to marble and swirl over the cake.
- Bake: Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
- Top With Glaze: Make the glaze by adding the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to a medium sized bowl. Then whisk until smooth and drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tips and Variations
Get ready to dive into the delicious world of cinnamon roll cakes. Even though this is a super simple recipe, a little insider knowledge can make all the difference. So, I’ve whipped up some handy tips and creative twists to help you create a cinnamon roll cake that you’ll absolutely love!
- Can I Add Nuts to My Cake? The recipe has an option to add nuts with the butter cinnamon brown sugar mixture. You can add chopped pecans or even walnuts for an even better cake!
- How Do I Tell if The Cake is Done? Stick a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean it is done. The cinnamon roll cake will be slightly brown and the edges will slightly pull away from the sides.
- Even Spreading: When spreading the buttery cinnamon filling, try to distribute it as evenly as possible over the cake batter to ensure a consistent swirl throughout.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Ensure that ingredients like butter, eggs, and milk are at room temperature. This helps them mix together smoothly and evenly.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Mix softened cream cheese with the brown sugar and cinnamon for a tangy and creamy filling.
Got some of that irresistible cinnamon roll cake left? No worries, it’s all about savoring the goodness later on! Once it’s cooled down, wrap it snugly in plastic wrap or foil and pop it in the fridge. It will stay good for 3-4 days. When you’re ready to indulge, a quick warm-up in the microwave or a gentle reheat in the oven will bring back that freshly baked magic.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 T butter melted
- 2 sticks 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- ⅔ cups nuts optional
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer or stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once that is combined, you slowly stir in 4 T melted butter. Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts if you are using them. Drop evenly over the cake better in your 9×13 inch pan. Use a knife to marble and swirl over the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
- Make the glaze by adding the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to a medium sized bowl. Whisk until smooth and drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.