Coconut Lime Butter Bars have an amazing buttery brown sugar crust with a lime filling and topped with coconut flakes. These are the perfect cool and creamy summer bars!
Coconut Lime Butter Bars
We just got back from a family vacation to Hawaii. I always wonder why I don’t live in Hawaii every time I visit. It is so gorgeous there! We did all of the fun things in Maui. Ziplining, snorkeling, submarine ride, and we ate plenty of pineapple and Hula Pie! We spent 10 days there but one of my favorite parts was flying to Kauai for a couple of days alone with the hubby. Kauai is hands down my favorite island. It was overwhelming by how beautiful it was. We stayed at St Regis and did the fun ATV tour and saw where all of the famous movies like Jurassic Park were made. We ended our time there with a helicopter tour and it was breathtaking.
My favorite thing to do when I travel with my family is to discover all of the new food and get inspired for recipes that I make at home. I came home with a list of things that I wanted to make at home and these delicious bars were one of them. I am a HUGE key lime pie lover and we went to Leoada’s famous pies while we were in Maui. I was blown away by their amazing pies and was inspired to come home and make these coconut lime butter bars.
How do I make Coconut Lime Butter Bars?
- To start, make your buttery crust. Mix together flour, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press into your 8×8 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Next, make your lime filling. Add egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, zest of one lime, and lime juice. Pour over crust.
- Lastly, top with coconut. Bake for about 15 minutes until the center is set. Let cool completely and chill in the fridge before serving.
Do I have to put these bars in the fridge?
Once they cool, you can cut them and serve right away. I like to serve mine chilled.
Coconut Lime Butter Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Coconut Lime layer:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy removal. In a medium sized bowl, add flour, brown sugar, and melted butter and mix together until incorporated. Press down in your 8x8 inch pan and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- To make the coconut lime layer: In a medium sized bowl, add egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk. lime juice, and zest of one lime. Whisk together until smooth and pour over crust. Top with coconut. Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Let cool completely before serving. I like to chill mine in the fridge before serving.