This delicious and perfectly smooth avocolada smoothie combines avocado, pineapple, spinach, kale, coconut, and lime. It’s SOO GOOD that you will want one every day!
What IS an Avocolada Smoothie?
While in North Carolina, my friend took me to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and told me that I had to try their avocolada smoothie. I mean. I am obsessed with anything avocado. But an avocado in a smoothie? I couldn’t wait to try it! The avocado added such a smooth and creamy texture to this smoothie. I was instantly hooked! Not to mention it has kale hidden inside as well. This smoothie had better-for-you ingredients hidden inside, and it is incredible.
I became so obsessed that I had it three times while I was there. I liked it so much that I even got one on the way to the airport. But here is the problem. There isn’t a Tropical Smoothie Cafe here in Utah. So, I just had to make it myself! It is seriously the creamiest smoothie that I have ever had. It is absolutely delicious with the avocado added. Then you add some pineapple, coconut, and lime, and it is incredible. This is the perfect tropical smoothie to make all year long!
Ingredients in an Avocolada Smoothie
Like when you make any smoothie, it’s always best to use chilled ingredients. Doing this makes your smoothie turn out thick and not runny. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Avocado: Make sure that it’s ripe! If you can slightly indent the sides then it’s ready to use.
- Pineapple: You can use fresh pineapple that has been chilled in the fridge or frozen works just as great.
- Spinach and kale: These two power foods bring in such a healthy side to this smoothie.
- Coconut water: A smoothie always needs some liquid as a base so that the ingredients mix up. The coconut water does this and adds just the right amount of flavor too.
- Agave nectar: You can find this by the sugars and sweeteners in your local grocery store.
- Lime juice: Fresh lime juice or from a bottle work fine!
- Coconut butter: You can use coconut oil too if that’s all that you have on hand.
- Vanilla extract: This really enhances all of the sweet flavors in this smoothie.
Let’s Make a Smoothie!
This avocolada smoothie only takes 5 minutes to put together. And once you try avocado in a smoothie, you won’t go back! You will be enjoying this healthy and delicious smoothie in no time at all!
- Add ingredients to blender: Put avocado, diced pineapple, spinach, kale, coconut water, agave nectar, lime juice, coconut butter, and vanilla into the blender.
- Mix: Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Smoothie Making Tips
If you love making smoothies and are looking for delicious and healthy ones, then this avocolada smoothie is for you! Here are a few tips on how to make it turn out perfectly.
- Too thin? Try using frozen fruit instead. This helps thicken your smoothie right up! You can also add in some ice if you don’t have any frozen fruit on hand.
- Too thick? If you can’t even suck it out of your straw then it’s probably too thick! Add in some extra coconut water to thin it out a bit.
- Order matters: If you are having a hard time mixing this up in your blender then you’ve probably loaded it up wrong (I know, it’s cray that there is a right way to put stuff in!). Start with your liquids, then fruits and greens and then any ice should be added on top!
Creamy Avocolada Smoothie
- 1 avocado ripe
- 3 cups pineapple diced, chilled
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 2 cups coconut water
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter or oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Put avocado, diced pineapple, spinach, kale, coconut water, agave nectar, lime juice, coconut butter, and vanilla into the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.