This delicious and perfectly smooth avocolada smoothie combines avocado, pineapple, spinach, kale, coconut, and lime. It’s SOO GOOD that you will want one every day!
Smoothies are a great snack or breakfast option. Try out a few of my other favorites like this mixed berry, delicious peanut butter banana, or this raspberry peach one.
What IS an Avocolada Smoothie?
While in North Carolina, my friend took me to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and told me that I had to try their avocolada smoothie. I mean. I am obsessed with anything avocado. But an avocado in a smoothie? I couldn’t wait to try it! The avocado added such a smooth and creamy texture to this smoothie. I was instantly hooked! Not to mention it has kale hidden inside as well. This smoothie had better-for-you ingredients hidden inside, and it is incredible.
I became so obsessed that I had it three times while I was there. I liked it so much that I even got one on the way to the airport. But here is the problem. There isn’t a Tropical Smoothie Cafe here in Utah. So, I just had to make it myself! It is seriously the creamiest smoothie that I have ever had. It is absolutely delicious with the avocado added. Then you add some pineapple, coconut, and lime, and it is incredible. This is the perfect tropical smoothie to make all year long!
Ingredients in an Avocolada Smoothie
Like when you make any smoothie, it’s always best to use chilled ingredients. Doing this makes your smoothie turn out thick and not runny. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Avocado: Make sure that it’s ripe! If you can slightly indent the sides then it’s ready to use.
- Pineapple: You can use fresh pineapple that has been chilled in the fridge or frozen works just as great.
- Spinach and kale: These two power foods bring in such a healthy side to this smoothie.
- Coconut water: A smoothie always needs some liquid as a base so that the ingredients mix up. The coconut water does this and adds just the right amount of flavor too.
- Agave nectar: You can find this by the sugars and sweeteners in your local grocery store.
- Lime juice: Fresh lime juice or from a bottle work fine!
- Coconut butter: You can use coconut oil too if that’s all that you have on hand.
- Vanilla extract: This really enhances all of the sweet flavors in this smoothie.
Let’s Make a Smoothie!
This avocolada smoothie only takes 5 minutes to put together. And once you try avocado in a smoothie, you won’t go back! You will be enjoying this healthy and delicious smoothie in no time at all!
- Add ingredients to blender: Put avocado, diced pineapple, spinach, kale, coconut water, agave nectar, lime juice, coconut butter, and vanilla into the blender.
- Mix: Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Smoothie Making Tips
If you love making smoothies and are looking for delicious and healthy ones, then this avocolada smoothie is for you! Here are a few tips on how to make it turn out perfectly.
- Too thin? Try using frozen fruit instead. This helps thicken your smoothie right up! You can also add in some ice if you don’t have any frozen fruit on hand.
- Too thick? If you can’t even suck it out of your straw then it’s probably too thick! Add in some extra coconut water to thin it out a bit.
- Order matters: If you are having a hard time mixing this up in your blender then you’ve probably loaded it up wrong (I know, it’s cray that there is a right way to put stuff in!). Start with your liquids, then fruits and greens and then any ice should be added on top!
Creamy Avocolada Smoothie
- 1 avocado ripe
- 3 cups pineapple diced, chilled
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 2 cups coconut water
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter or oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Put avocado, diced pineapple, spinach, kale, coconut water, agave nectar, lime juice, coconut butter, and vanilla into the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I am excited to try to this recipe!! I love the smoothie from TSC. Instead of making 4 servings, how can I break this recipe down for just one serving? I only have the a single nurtribullet
Would sunflower oil work in place of coconut oil?
Yes, you can try that. Let me know how it turns out!
Could you make it with frozen avocado chunks?
Yes, that would work too. It just may not be as creamy.
Do you think this could be frozen in small batches? Thinking of making this for my toddler but no way we’ll use it all at once!
Yes, it can be but it will not taste as fresh. Just thaw a few minutes at room temperature before serving.
I just made this and it does taste like TSC. I used all spinach instead of kale, everything else was exact. It is a little sweet….but still is just fine. Most of the ingredients are at the Dollar Tree..so Yay! This made 1 regular size blender pitcher.. I will make again.
I love the TSC Avocolada smoothie, so I looked online to try and find a recipe to replicate it- Excited to try yours. When I order it at TSC I always ask for no added sugar and 1/2 an add-in of ginger. It’s perfect that way and better for you.
Added creme of coconut and left out the nectar and it was amazing!
Oh that sounds great!! Thanks for sharing! XOXO
Went to Tropical Smoothie recently with some friends & had this. We all loved it! So when I found this recipe it gave a great reason to get together again. We really enjoyed it!! May put a little more avocado though next time & a little less lime juice. Yummy!
That is so great to hear!! Thanks for sharing! XOXO
I tried this today and was surprised how similar it tastes to TCS! I think I may leave out the agave next time and see if it’s sweet enough.
Are these the exact ingredients TCS uses?
Also my most favorite movie of all time, and I’ve been thinking about trying to get it to make myself because I pay almost 6 dollars for it way too often. I didn’t know they put any type of oil in it ?
And when I order it I always make sure they make it ( natural) with no sugar and no Splenda. It still comes out crazy sweet
So would I need the agave if I wanted to make it that way ?
TSC uses turbinado not agave, I believe. This is ine if my favorites, also beet berry and the chia banana boost with strawberry.
please excuse my stupidity but does the capital ‘T’ in your ingredients refer to tablespoon.
Yes Tablespoon. 🙂
I made this this morning and it is very sweet. I think I would only do 1T of the agave nector. The flavor is there just very very sweet.
Don’t know where you live in Utah but there is a tropical smoothie cafe in Midvale/sandy near the Cinemark Theaters and Macey’s/Downeast! There is also one in St. george! I love this smoothie so I’m excited to see how a homemade one tastes!
WHAT?? There is? I am SO excited!!
There is also one in Orem on State:)
We also have two Tropical Smoothies in Cedar City! 🙂
I am loving the color of this smoothie!! It looks so pretty and refreshing. Perfect for a summer day!