One Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom Rice will be one of the best things you will ever eat! All you need is one pot to create an amazingly creamy and delicious meal that is ready in under 30 minutes!
HOLY YUM!! Brace yourselves for all future recipes having creamy parmesan rice. 😉 This meal has our family obsessed. Like I am talking every single person in the family licked their plate clean. The baby, the toddler, the picky eater, everyone couldn’t get enough of this dish.
Dare I say this is the best one pot meal that we have ever had??
We also love this One Pot Chicken Florentine, but I think that the creamy parmesan rice is what made us fall in love. This dish couldn’t be easier to make. You brown the chicken, dump the rice, stir in some parmesan cheese and heavy cream, and voila! Dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
How do you make Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom Rice?
You start by adding oil to a medium skillet or pot add in seasonings and brown your chicken pieces. As soon as they are brown, you add the rice, mushrooms, and chicken broth. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid has absorbed and then stir in your heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
What can I serve as a side dish?
Since this dish already includes rice and mushrooms, a simple side salad and bread make the perfect addition.
You guys have got to put this one on the menu this week! I promise the entire family is going to go crazy for it. And the best part is that it is all made in one dish so little clean up is required on your end. It is a win-win situation for everyone and I know you will love it as much as we did!
One Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom Rice
- 1 pound chicken breast cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (I prefer freshly grated)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley and freshly shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a medium-sized pot or skillet add the olive oil and turn to medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet along with Italian Seasoning and salt and pepper and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked throughout.
- Add the uncooked rice to the skillet, chicken broth, and mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked and tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.