Creamy Parmesan Herb Mushroom Chicken is a 30 minute meal that tastes straight from a restaurant. The parmesan cream sauce has fresh herbs and mushrooms that coats the chicken perfectly. This meal is phenomenal!
We celebrated my little girl’s birthday a few days ago. She is three!! It is crazy how fast they grow up. This has been such a fun age and we all adore her. She wanted to have a Moana party of course. She talked all week about her “birt-day” and Moana. So the day finally arrived and she was so excited. We had her party at our neighborhood pool and clubhouse. Despite a few birthday mishaps of the cake tipping over in the car or the balloons getting stuck in her bedroom fan, it came together perfectly! A fun time was had by all and it was so fun to watch her on her special day. Now just one more week until we add a new little girl to the family!
Since I am at the end of my pregnancy, life is hard. It’s getting hard to walk, sleep, and keep up with everything. But I am all about an easy 30 minute restaurant quality meal for my family. And let me tell ya. If you don’t make this meal you are MISSING out!
This creamy parmesan sauce. Oh.my.gosh. It is absolute perfection. But I absolutely love when fresh herbs are added to give it amazing flavor. Thyme is one of my all time favorites so of course it was included in the line up. Oregano, basil, and fresh parsley also made their debut making it incredible! The sauce thickened up and coated the chicken perfectly.
I just served mine with some freshly steamed asparagus, but this would also be amazing served over rice or pasta. This chicken is so incredible that my family is already begging me to make it again.
You will love this one just as much as we did and regret not making it! I promise!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, can also use breasts (salt and pepper)
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 ounce mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh herbs
- In a large skillet add 2 tablespoons butter and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and melt. add garlic, fresh herbs and mushrooms. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, chopped parsley, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.