This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Crème Brûlée French Toast combines fluffy thick slices of Brioche bread with the same sweet and creamy ingredients in Crème Brûlée for a great breakfast.
If you love French toast, you’re really going to love this recipe. Think about the best French toast you’ve ever had. Now imagine it tasting more rich and decadent. That’s what Crème Brûlée French Toast brings to the breakfast table.
CREME BRULEE FRENCH TOAST
French toast is one of my favorite breakfasts. When I go out to eat, I will almost always order French Toast, Eggs Benedict, or a Denver Omelet. I recently made homemade Crème Brûlée for the first time and loved how simple yet decadent the recipe was. Just four simple ingredients came together to make the most heavenly dessert.
This French toast recipe goes above and beyond what you might expect from a typical French toast, and it’s even more of a treat than what you’re probably used to.
How Crème Brûlée French Toast is different than regular French Toast:
- The soak for standard French toast is typically made of whole eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. At least, that’s how I typically make it. The soak for Crème Brûlée French Toast is much richer. I used egg yolks instead of the whole egg. I also used heavy cream instead of milk. You can still use pure vanilla extract or you can go above and beyond and use vanilla paste. Finally, I didn’t add cinnamon to this Crème Brûlée French Toast recipe like I do with standard French toast.
- One of the defining features of Crème Brûlée is that hard, thin caramelized layer of burnt sugar. I was able to accomplish the same effect on this French toast.
What to serve with Crème Brûlée French Toast:
- You cannot go wrong with a crispy side of bacon or breakfast sausage. My standard go-to topping is a pad of butter and real maple syrup.
- Because this French toast is so rich and decadent, I highly recommend serving some tart berries alongside to balance out the sweet with some tart.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Crème Brûlée French Toast
- Preheat griddle to medium. Allow griddle to come to desired temperature before cooking french toast.
- Combine egg yolks, heavy cream, and vanilla in shallow, flat bottomed dish. Soak each slice of bread on both sides in mixture.
- Grease griddle with butter. If griddle is non-stick, butter may not be needed. Add soaked slices to hot griddle and allow to cook, flipping only once, until golden brown on each side.
- To add caramelized sugar layer, add thin layer of sugar to the top of each piece of cooked French toast and caramelize until golden and bubbly with a cooking torch. Alternatively, you may arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and set under the broiler until golden brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.