Delicious chicken tenders breaded in a garlic parmesan panko mixture and baked to crispy perfection! This is a meal the entire family will love!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from chelseasmessyapron.com. We are a huge fan of chicken tenders and breaded chicken so I’m excited to be sharing one of my family’s favorite recipes here on The Recipe Critic!
The “special ingredient” in these tenders is the Panko. Instead of breadcrumbs or just flour I use panko. Panko is generally used in Japanese cooking and it can be found in the grocery store in the Asian foods aisle. I definitely prefer panko to regular breadcrumbs because of its lighter and more delicate texture. It results in a more crispy and crunchy end product than breadcrumbs. Especially when you are baking chicken instead of frying; the panko makes a huge difference!
To try our absolute FAVORITE dipping sauce for these tenders, click here to check that out! 🙂
- 1 and ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- ½ cup white flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup Panko
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-ingredient delicious chicken dipping sauce
- Trim the fat from the tenders.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set out three bowls. Fill one with the white flour, about ¼ teaspoon pepper, & about ½ teaspoon salt. Stir,
- Fill the next bowl with the olive oil or butter and minced garlic. Stir.
- Place the basil, paprika, Panko, and parmesan cheese in the last. Stir.
- Place the tenders in the flour mixture, then the garlic oil, then the panko mixture making sure to evenly and thoroughly coat each piece.
- Place the tenders on the sheet and then place in the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then flip the tenders and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove and enjoy immediately with the dipping sauce!
More delicious chicken recipes: