Simple to make and perfect to serve for the holidays! Honey orange glazed carrots are bursting with fresh citrus flavor.
Honey Orange Glazed Carrots
Hi everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron to bring you a MUST have holiday side dish: honey orange glazed carrots! These delicious carrots need to make an appearance at your table this Thanksgiving and/or Christmas! They’re loaded with flavor, simple to make, and they’re good for you!
How to make Honey Orange Glazed Carrots:
- You’ll start by roasting the carrots (more on that in the section below).
- While the carrots are roasting, you can prepare the dressing: in a mason jar combine the orange juice, champagne vinegar, honey, shallot, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on the lid and shake to combine.
- Make sure to give the dressing a quick taste and adjust any seasonings to personal preference!
- Pour over the warm carrots and enjoy!!
Can these honey orange glazed carrots be made in advance?
These are best served fresh and warm, and I do not recommend making these in advance.
You can prepare the carrots up to a day in advance by washing, trimming and cutting them ahead of time. If you elect to do this, make sure to store the uncooked carrots in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also prepare the glaze/dressing in advance. Store in a mason jar in the fridge.
How do you roast carrots in the oven?
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the carrots on the diagonal about 1-½” thick. Make sure all pieces are approximately the same size to ensure they cook evenly.
- Combine the carrots, oil, and seasonings in a large bowl and toss well. Transfer the carrots to the prepared baking sheet and roast, stirring once mid-way through, until tender.
- Cook time is about 20-25 minutes (depending on thickness of carrots).
More Holiday Side Dishes to Serve Alongside These Carrots:
Honey Orange Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds fresh carrots peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Honey Orange Glaze
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the carrots on the diagonal about 1-½ inch thick. Make sure all pieces are approximately the same size to make sure they cook evenly.
- Combine the carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper in a large bowl and toss well. Transfer the carrots to the prepared baking sheet and roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender. This takes about 20-25 minutes (cooking time will depend on thickness of carrots).
- Meanwhile prepare the dressing: in a mason jar combine the orange juice, champagne vinegar, honey, shallot, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on the lid and shake to combine.
- Pour over warm carrots and enjoy immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.