This One Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken Tortellini is a family friendly meal that’s ready in no time! It’s packed full of golden brown chicken, veggies and tortellini, all in a creamy parmesan sauce.
Hi, it’s Sara from Dinner at the Zoo bringing you a super easy dinner recipe that’s perfect for those hectic weeknights! Chicken and pasta are always a great combination, and in this case I’m using tortellini instead of your standard pasta. This recipe starts with the chicken – you can use chicken breasts or chicken tenders here, simply cut them into 1 inch pieces. The chicken goes into a hot pan and gets cooked to golden brown perfection. Next comes the tortellini and some chicken broth. I use a refrigerated fresh tortellini for this dish, you can choose your favorite flavor. I tend to make this dish with cheese tortellini. The nice thing about tortellini is that they only take a few minutes to cook!
After the tortellini is cooked, I add in some cream and parmesan. The final step is to add in your veggies. I wilt some spinach in the sauce and stir in some fresh tomatoes. Other great veggie options would be kale, drained canned tomatoes or even thawed frozen broccoli. The final touch is a sprinkling of parsley and you’ve got dinner perfection!
This chicken with tortellini is perfect as-is or serve with a simple green salad or garlic bread. I love that this is a meal my whole family will eat without complaint, and that there’s only one dish to clean at the end!
One Pot Chicken with Tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders cut into 1 inch pieces
- 20 ounces of refrigerated tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and just cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt; whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth and cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the tortellini to the pan and bring to a boil; cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure tortellini is coated with liquid.
- Stir in the cream and parmesan and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Fold in the tomatoes. Sprinkle the parsley over the top and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Other recipes you might like:
How is it possible this recipe is only 6g Carbs per serving? Every brand of refrigerated tortellini I’ve researched has 30+ carbs per 4-6oz serving.
The nutrition facts are just estimates and will depend greatly on the products and brands that you use to make the recipe.
Creamy Tuscan chicken can you put it back on fb with how much of each ingredients I need please I’m dying to try it thanks or e mail it to me
I love when I find a recipe and every ingredient is in the house. This was easy and delicious!
Made as directed. Loved it! Added to regular rotation. Thanks!
These recipes look delicious but can we gave recipes without heavy cream. Thank you.
This was easy to make & tasted amazing. I put in 1/2 c. bacon bits and left out the spinach and cherry tomatoes because I didn’t have any and 30 miles to the nearest grocery store. This work crew sure liked it!!
Easy and delicious!
Yum. Made this a and it came out great. I used sweet Italian sausage tortellini . It added a nice bite.
MMM! That sounds great! Thanks for sharing! XOXO
Yums! Tried it. I wanted to add white wine and mushrooms! Next time.
So glad you liked it! I love your ideas! Let me know how it turns out next time!
Your Recipe Critic,
I sauteed onions, garlic & fresh mushrooms & added mini baked meatballs instead of chicken. The taste was outstanding!
Hey girl this looks so amazing! Yummy!