How I changed it: I doubled the sauce.
Things I may do differently next time: Not too sure yet
Will I make it again? Most likely because it was a hit with my boys.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 pound bacon We used a full pound
- 1 pound fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Let eggs, butter, and cream and stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cook bacon (we lay it on a pan and cook it in oven at 375 for 20 minutes or 400 for 10).
- Drain grease from bacon.
- Beat together eggs and cream just til combined. Cook pasta.
- Turn hot pasta into serving dish (we use 9x13). Toss pasta with butter.
- Pour egg mixture over and toss til pasta is well coated.
- Add bacon, cheese and parsley, toss to mix. Season to taste with pepper.
- Put in oven at 350 for about 10 minutes to cook eggs completely.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I use to get Pasta Carbonara at a restaurant near me. It had mushroom and English peas in it. Loved the mushrooms, but hate peas so I would always push them to the side.
I added sliced black olives and sliced mushrooms. It was already a great casserole and this just tweeked it a little.