Pasta Cobb Salad is a delicious take on an American garden salad thats loaded with pasta, grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, blue cheese and served with a red wine vinaigrette.
We love our pasta and add it to so many salads. It’s just a great way to bulk them up, and make them a meal like the BLT Tortellini Pasta Salad, Lemon Chicken Pasta Salad and Mediterranean Pasta Salad.
Pasta Cobb Salad
This pasta cobb salad is so perfect when you want salad for dinner. It won’t leave you feeling empty and still hungry. It’s such an American staple and adding pasta to this crowd favourite makes it super filling.
A cobb salad isn’t complicated, though it does have a number of elements but nothing that can’t be prepped in advance. The best part is this is like a kitchen sink salad so if you don’t have one thing, you can always rummage in your fridge and use something else instead.
What goes into a pasta cobb salad?
This pasta cobb salad has lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, pasta, bacon, grilled chicken, boiled eggs and blue cheese. Other things you can include in this salad are red onions, grilled corn, avocado, chives etc. I love how colourful and hearty this salad becomes when you dish everything up.
You can use a mix of lettuce leaves – iceberg, endives, romaine etc. Or use one variety. I just use whatever looks freshest at the supermarket.
Best enjoyed when it’s served as a large salad that everyone can dig into, but you can also divide the salad into individual servings.
With bacon, blue cheese, eggs and chicken, this salad can be quite heavy, so pairing it with a light vinaigrette really works well here.
Dressing for Pasta Cobb Salad
This pasta cobb salad is dressed with a red wine vinaigrette that’s really easy to put together. It’s a combination of olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, a dash of honey and salt and pepper. You can also add a tablespoon of mayo to the dressing if you like, but I prefer a non creamy dressing to balance things out.
All the individual ingredients can be pre-cooked, washed and prepped in advance and refrigerated till you are ready to put the salad together. Right before serving, add everything to a large bowl or divide into individual plates and then toss with the dressing. Its delicious either way and such a great way to turn a summer salad into a meal!
More Hearty Salad Recipes
- Farro Caprese Salad
- The Best Egg Salad
- Tuna Avocado Macaroni Salad
- Crunchy Chinese Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Pasta Cobb Salad
- 1/2 cup dry Pasta
- 6-8 Bacon Strips
- 6 cups Mixed Lettuce Leaves roughly chopped
- 3 Boiled Eggs peeled and quartered
- 2 grilled Chicken Breasts diced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 2 Cucumbers deseeded and diced
- 2 ounces Blue Cheese
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions till al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water to keep the pasta from sticking together and set aside.
- Cook the bacon till crispy and remove from the pan. Drain on a paper towel and cut into small dices once cool. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and shake till combined and emulsified.
- To assemble the salad, add lettuce to a large bowl. Add all the toppings on top including pasta, bacon, eggs, chicken, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and blue cheese. Serve with the dressing.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.