This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This fun PIZZA ON A STICK brings life to any party and flavor to any tailgate! A fun appetizer for both kids and adults to enjoy.
Hey friends! It’s Becky from The Cookie Rookie back with another recipe! I’m always in search of quick and easy snacks and appetizers to bring to parties. I’m married to a huge sports fan, so it feels like we are always attending a tailgate of one kind or another. No matter the time of year, we have a football, baseball, basketball, or hockey team to cheer for. Our son already has more sports gear at 6 months old than I can count! Pat’s favorite part of viewing sports is the actual WATCHING of the sports…but for me it’s the eating. There’s always a great dip or finger food to enjoy. This Pizza on a Stick is my new favorite dish to bring to the get together because it’s easy, fun, and so tasty. It doesn’t hurt that they’re doused in garlic butter!! I know you’re gonna love these.
It doesn’t get easier than these Pizza Kebabs. I love to keep it simple with just pepperoni and basil, but you could layer on all your favorite toppings. It would be so fun to make a Hawaiian version, or Meat Lovers, or even Veggie! The possibilities are endless. Aren’t these just so fun!
I love that this is a recipe that both kids and adults will love. It can be an appetizer or even an entire meal. Enjoy!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Pizza on a Stick
- Soak 10 bamboo skewers in warm water at least 30 minutes or use metal skewers.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured countertop. Mix together melted butter, garlic salt & basil. Brush dough lightly with garlic basil butter.
- Cut dough, lengthwise, into 1-inch wide strips.
- Thread 5-7 mini pepperoni slices on each skewer. Be sure to leave enough space between each slice for the pizza dough.
- Starting at one end of a dough strip, pierce the dough with the pointed end of the skewer. Spiral-wrap the dough strip around the pepperoni on the skewer, allowing the meat to peak through. Wrap the end of the dough strip around the bottom of the skewer to fasten. Press the dough together on each end to be sure it sticks on the skewer.
- Place skewers on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with more of the garlic basil butter. Bake 10-12 minutes or until pizza dough is light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Allow the cheese to melt (place back in the hot oven, if necessary and serve with pizza sauce.
- !Note: Additional toppings may be added or substituted. If adding sausage or hamburger chunks, par-cook meats before adding them to the uncooked pizza sticks. The sticks only cook for 10-12 minutes, so raw meat doesn’t have time to fully cook. Also, if adding raw vegetables, it’s a good idea to par-cook them before adding.
- Additional pizza ingredients: Italian sausage or hamburger chunks, sweet peppers, onion, tomatoes, chicken chunks, pineapple, red onion, mushrooms, zucchini slices, black or green olives, mini mozzarella balls (if covered with the dough), cooked potato chunks, par-cooked bacon pieces, ham, Canadian bacon, fresh basil leaves. Topped with other cheese such as: cheddar, Gruyere, Swiss, Smoked Gouda, White Cheddar, Mexican Blend, Italian Blend, Parmigiano-Reggiano. …so many options. Be creative.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.