Praline Apple Bundt Cake is loaded with apples, pecans and covered in a brown sugar praline glaze — the perfect fall dessert!
Hey! It’s Ashley from The Recipe Rebel and I’m so excited to be sharing my first recipe here on The Recipe Critic! It’s a new favorite here and I think you’re going to love it, too.
I will willingly admit that apples trump pumpkin for me as far as fall flavors go. I make my share of pumpkin treats, but mostly for my husband’s sake.
For me? Nothing screams fall like the combination of apples, cinnamon and brown sugar. And this cake is one of my favorite ways to satisfy my apple-loving heart!
How about you? What are your favorite fall treats? Are you Team Apple or Team Pumpkin? (Or both? because who really wants to have to choose between!?)
I had to make this cake a couple times to get it just right. The second time, I added a shredded apple in addition to the chopped apples and increased the oil a bit, and I think it came out so perfectly moist and the 3 whole apples add so much flavor! The praline glaze really takes it over the top and makes it extra special — it is quite sweet and you really only need just a drizzle over the top!
Praline Apple Bundt Cake
- 1 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 apples finely chopped
- 1 apple shredded
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream or yogurt, oil, eggs and vanilla. Whisk in brown sugar until smooth.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and stir until combined. Stir in flour just until combined. Stir in chopped and shredded apples and 1 cup pecans.
- Pour into greased bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15-20 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted. Stir in powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. Let cool 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly before pouring over cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
I never peel my apples when I'm baking, but you can if you want to! I don't take any extra steps that aren't really necessary.