This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Delicious Pudding Cookies
Pudding cookies are sweet and moist cookies that will become an instant family favorite. They are incredibly soft and perfect. These taste fantastic and are impossible to stop eating. One cookie is never enough. Each cookie morsel is loaded with rich flavor, and the entire batch will disappear quickly!
They are not only packed with insanely delicious chocolate and vanilla flavors, but they also have the most amazing texture. Pudding cookies are SOOO GOOD served warm and fresh out of the oven. They melt in your mouth with every bite. Serve them fresh or make them ahead for entertaining or an afternoon snack, either way they will be a huge hit!
Ingredients for Homemade Pudding Cookies:
A short list of basic ingredients is all you need to bake the most amazing pudding cookies you have had! The vanilla pudding adds the best rich flavor and soft cookie texture!
- Butter: Make sure your butter is room temperature so it will easily cream together in pudding mixture.
- Brown sugar: Rich molasses sweetness that makes these cookies stand out.
- Sugar: Adds sweetness!
- Instant vanilla pudding: Follow the recipe, not package instructions.
- Eggs: Holds the dough together and adds moisture.
- Vanilla: Brings out the other flavors and adds rich vanilla flavor.
- Baking soda: Causes the cookie to rise.
- Flour: Adds the perfect structure.
- Chocolate chips: Whatever add-in you would like, but chocolate chips taste amazing!
Let’s Bake Some Cookies!
These cookies are simple and easy to prepare and come together in less than 20 minutes total. They are a quick treat that you will love, because from start to finish they are super easy and no fuss!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 F. Then, stir together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Cream pudding mixture: In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Add in pudding package and beat until well blended.
- Gradually add in remaining ingredients: Add eggs and vanilla. Slowly, add in flour mixture until well incorporated. Finally, add in chocolate chips or whatever add-in you chose.
- Form balls: Next, roll into 1″ balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake: Place balls in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes.
Tips for the Best Pudding Cookies:
Pudding cookies are easy and stress-free cookies that are a crowd-pleasing favorite. Follow these pro tips to achieve the best ooey gooey cookies you have ever made!
- Dough: Flatten dough balls a bit before baking for a flatter cookie.
- Chill: Chill your dough for a thicker cookie. Cook time will be a couple minutes longer with chilled dough.
- Cook time: Do not over bake. These cookies are meant to be soft and chewy, so follow the recipe time and check them often the first time you make them since all ovens are slightly different.
- Cool: Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes after pulling them out of the oven. Then carefully transfer them to a cooling rack to allow them to finish cooling completely.
Variations of Pudding Cookies:
Customize this pudding cookie with easy swaps your family will love. Have fun changing the mix-ins, instant pudding flavor, or even adding toppings. There is no limit to the creative ways you can make this recipe your own!
- Mix-ins: Reese’s pieces, m&m’s, sprinkles, nuts, or white chocolate chips all make great additions, and there are still unlimited ideas of sweet treats to add in. So, have fun trying each one!
- Pudding: Use any flavor of instant pudding mix in these cookies to add both flavor and soft texture. Butterscotch, French vanilla, and cheesecake are a few favorites just to name a few.
- Toppings: Add sugar sprinkles or crushed nuts to the top of the dough just before placing them in the oven.
Store baked cookies in a tightly sealed container for about 2 weeks at room temperature or 6 months in the freezer. Or prepare the dough and freeze it until you are ready to bake them. When freezing, place the dough balls on a baking sheet and let them at least partially freeze. Then move the frozen balls to a freezer bag to continue to store. By doing this you will be able to cook just a few at a time instead of the entire batch. When you are ready to cook them you can thaw them in the refrigerator or at room temperature or cook them straight from frozen.
More Amazing Pudding Cookie Recipes:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Stir together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
- Add in pudding package and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips or whatever add-in you chose.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.