Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Whipping Cream are a dense pie like filling wrapped in smooth creamy cream cheese. These are all of the things you love about the pie in the ease of a cupcake. Topped with amazing cream cheese whipping cream, these will be the BEST cupcakes you will ever eat!!
Pumpkin and cream cheese were just made to go together. For more of this match made in Heaven combination try these Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies, or these to die for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Whipping Cream:
These super simple Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes taste just like a pie with it’s amazing moist custard like texture. You won’t believe it’s cake. Then top them with the light and airy smooth and tangy creamy cream cheese whipped topping and you won’t be able to resist them.
When you need the perfect fall dessert but don’t want it too heavy, these are absolutely the ones to make. They are the ideal size for an individual serving that will taste and feel indulgent without over doing it. It’s a flawless combination of sweetness and spice, sure to satisfy everyone!
Pumpkin Pie Cupcake Ingredients:
These cupcakes look like they take a ton of ingredients but you’ll have most of these in your pantry all ready. These will be easy to throw together.
- Pumpkin Puree: You can use canned puree or make your own puree (See below)
- Sugar: White Sugar
- Eggs: Use Large or even Extra Large Eggs for best height in your cupcakes
- Vanilla: Imitation is ok here, the real deal is always the best, but it can be pricey.
- Evaporated Milk: Adds moisture and sweetness to the cake.
- Flour: All purpose flour or unbleached flour are both fine.
- Salt: Table Salt is best here.
- Baking Powder: This is a leavening agent to help the cake rise.
- Baking Soda: Also a leavening agent necessary for lightness in your cake.
- Ground Cinnamon: Adds spice and flavor to your pumpkin.
- Ground Ginger: Adds a little bit of kick to your spice trio with ginger.
- Ground Cloves: This adds a little bit of warmth to your cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Whipping Cream Ingredients:
This frosting is like the crown sitting on royalty. Perfectly creamy and silky smooth, the perfect topping to the perfect cupcake.
- Cream Cheese: Full fat or ⅓ less fat cream cheese can both be used with success.
- Sugar: Helps to mellow the tangy-ness of the cream cheese and make it sweet.
- Whipping Cream: Heavy whipping cream will give you nice rich topping. Don’t buy Cool Whip type topping.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Whipping Cream:
Super easy to come together, you’ll make these again and again.
- Line: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk.
- Sift: In a different bowl combine all the dry ingredients in a sifter and sift. Add them to the wet ingredients and stir till fully combined.
- Fill: Scoop the batter into the muffin tin filling each one about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool: Let the muffins cool and then place in the refrigerator for at least 30 min. before frosting.
- Cream: In a bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar together till smooth and creamy. Add the whipping cream and continue to beat till stiff peaks form.
Make Your Own Pumpkin Puree:
Super simple and fun to do, fresh puree will make these Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream that much more amazing.
- Prep: Take a small 4-6 pound pumpkin, often called a sugar or pie pumpkin and cut off the stem with a sharp knife. Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds and strings. Keep the seeds if you want to roast them later.
- Roast: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay the pumpkin cut side down on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Roast until a knife can easily be inserted and the flesh feels soft. Should take about 35-45 minutes depending on the size.
- Scrape: Once the pumpkin has cooled scrape the insides from the shell and place in a food processor.
- Puree: Blend until smooth and creamy. The puree can then be stored in your fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few months.
Storing Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Whipping Cream:
- Fridge: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. (Although I doubt they’ll last that long)
- Freeze: Don’t frost the Cupcakes if you plan on freezing them. They’ll last up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw on your counter 3-4 hours before frosting and serving.
More Delicious Cupcake Recipes:
- Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes With White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Cookie Dough Frosting
- Churro Cupcakes
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Whipping Cream
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
Cream Cheese Whipping Cream:
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk. In another bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Fill each muffin tin with ⅓ cup of the pumpkin batter. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- TO make the cream cheese whipping cream beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the heavy whipping cream and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.