First of all, Happy Mother’s Day! I am so grateful for all of the mothers in my life. I am especially excited to become a mother again in just a few weeks. Being a mother has been such a gift in my life and I am so grateful for my boys.
I haven’t been able to stop thinking about how amazing the strawberry cinnamon rolls were that I made a few weeks ago. They were so easy to make and so delicious. One of the best things that I have made. They were just bursting with strawberry filling and had such an amazing lemon cream cheese glaze. I have been dying to make them again.
I decided to make a classic cinnamon roll because I had all of the ingredients on hand. I love this dough recipe because it is so quick and easy it is great for beginners. Any form of cinnamon roll dripping with cream cheese glaze is going to be a guaranteed hit at our house. We needed a delicious breakfast and I had these in the oven within 45 minutes. Warm gooey cinnamon rolls were ready for us to eat in no time and were loved by the entire family!
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Delicious and easy cinnamon roll recipe that is great for beginners!
- 3¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons butter softened
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the dough: In a small saucepan over medium low heat add the milk and butter. Stir until the butter has melted and remove from heat. Let stand until luke warm temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together 2¼ cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add to the stand mixer with dough hook attached. (You can also make this by hand, just knead until smooth once all of the ingredients are added.) Add the egg and water and mix until just starting to combine. Slowly add in the milk mixture and 1 cup of flour until the dough starts to form and become smooth. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large 9×15 square. About ¼-1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and brown sugar for the filling. Spread the softened butter onto the dough keeping it about a 1/2 inch away from the edge. Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar on top of the softened butter.
- Roll up the 15 inch side into a log and pinch the seams. Cut into 9-12 slices depending on how thick you want your cinnamon rolls. Place in a greased 9×13 inch pan and cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until just golden brown on the tops.
- To make the glaze: Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the half and half, vanilla, until combined. Frost over warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!