I should just start basing my rating system on the pickiest 4 year old known to man. He ate these delicious meatballs and loved them. If he liked them, everyone will like them. I loved the flavor combination of this sauce and it was awesome. We served ours over rice and had a side of broccoli and the family loved them!
Saucy Asian Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground pork or ground beef
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup Panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ Cup thinly-sliced green onions
optional garnish: toasted sesame seeds, sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, mix together meatball ingredients until well-combined. Shape into balls (I made mine about 1.5 inches, which yielded about 35 meatballs, but 1 inch is probably standard), and place on a greased baking sheet or in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until meatballs are golden on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.
- While the meatballs are baking, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until blended. Once meatballs have finished cooking, you can either dip each meatball individually (using a toothpick) in the sauce mixture. Or you can pour the sauce over the meatballs and gently stir them until covered.
- Serve warm, and sprinkle with additional garnish if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.