This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
There are just certain recipes that I find that I know that I will love. This was one of those recipes. I love turkey meat and black beans. The spices and flavor in these were awesome. I love not having to compromise on taste while eating a low calorie meal. 264 calories to be exact. And these are just what I needed to get back on track from my Sweethearts Buddies binge. Dang those delicious creations!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: This recipe has a little bit of a kick to it because of the chipotle peppers but the flavor is awesome. These were a lot easier to put together than I thought and using turkey meat made a great change to your regular enchilada. I will be making these a lot before my cruise because they were healthy and delicious!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Skinny Chipotle Black Bean & Turkey Enchiladas
Meat filling mixture:
- For the enchilada sauce, spray cooking spray in medium saucepan and saute the garlic.
- Add chipotle chilis, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey meat and season with salt. Add the onion, garlic, black beans, cilantro, green chilis, diced tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Mix well and simmer on low about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your 9x13 by spraying with non stick spray.
- To assemble, put a 1/2 cup turkey mixture into each tortilla and roll up. Place with the seam down in your 9x13.
- Top with enchilada sauce and cheese and cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with low fat sour cream, scallions or cilantro if you would like!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.