There are just certain recipes that I find that I know that I will love. This was one of those recipes. I love turkey meat and black beans. The spices and flavor in these were awesome. I love not having to compromise on taste while eating a low calorie meal. 264 calories to be exact. And these are just what I needed to get back on track from my Sweethearts Buddies binge. Dang those delicious creations!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: This recipe has a little bit of a kick to it because of the chipotle peppers but the flavor is awesome. These were a lot easier to put together than I thought and using turkey meat made a great change to your regular enchilada. I will be making these a lot before my cruise because they were healthy and delicious!
Skinny Chipotle Black Bean & Turkey Enchiladas
Meat filling mixture:
- 1 lb ground turkey Extra lean
- 1 can black beans 15.5 oz. drained and rinsed
- 1 can chopped green chilis 4.5 oz.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cilantro chopped
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder salt
- 8 6 inch low carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobe sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth salt and pepper to taste
- For the enchilada sauce, spray cooking spray in medium saucepan and saute the garlic.
- Add chipotle chilis, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the turkey meat and season with salt. Add the onion, garlic, black beans, cilantro, green chilis, diced tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Mix well and simmer on low about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your 9x13 by spraying with non stick spray.
- To assemble, put a ½ cup turkey mixture into each tortilla and roll up. Place with the seam down in your 9x13.
- Top with enchilada sauce and cheese and cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with low fat sour cream, scallions or cilantro if you would like!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Hi, I’m trying this recipe out tonight and noticed that diced tomatoes and cumin were not listed in the ingredients for the meat mixture. Just thought you’d like to know.
I love all the sweet treats yo create…but I need to balance out that sugar – and this looks amazing. My kiddos will love it and I hope to make it very soon!