Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Herb Chicken is such an easy meal that is packed with amazing flavor! The potatoes cook to tender perfection in garlic, parmesan, and fresh herbs and the chicken is perfectly juicy. This makes a great meal in one!
It is getting to be that time of the year for me where I am ready for more savory. You can only consume so many holiday treats and goodies before you are ready for less sweet and more savory. I think that is why the New Year is such a breath of fresh air after all of the holiday baking and treats consumed.
Since it has been super busy around here lately. I love making slow cooker meals that is a meal in one and ready for my family at dinner time. My energy level starts to decrease quite a bit by the evening, so when I have a delicious meal ready for the family I feel like I am winning at life.
This meal includes my favorite flavor combination everrrrr. Parmesan, garlic, and fresh herbs. It is amazing what these simple ingredients can do to bring out such amazing flavor and can be a meal that the entire family will devour.
Potatoes in the slow cooker are my jam. I love any meal that has slow cooker potatoes involved. A little bit of crisp on the outside and so incredibly tender on the inside. I used my favorite herb combination in these potatoes. Parsley, Thyme, and Oregano. You can definitely swap out one of those for your favorite herb. I love using fresh herbs in recipes when I cook, but you can also use dried herbs if you have that on hand as well.
Any meat cooked in the slow cooker always comes out with a fantastic result. This chicken was so tender and juicy. I love pan searing the chicken before to help seal in the flavor and give that nice crisp edge as it slow cooks.
The flavor is incredible in this meal and I know that your family will love it! It is so easy but full of such great flavor you will want to make it again and again!
Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Herb Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds bone in chicken thighs can also use boneless thighs or boneless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes quartered
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
- garnish with fresh parsley
- In a [url:1]large skillet[/url] over medium high heat add the butter and melt. Salt and pepper the chicken and add to the skillet. Sear on each side for 1-2 minutes or until nicely brown on each side. Set aside.
- In a [url:2]5-6 quart slow cooker[/url] add potatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley, thyme, oregano, and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil and mix until coated.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 or until potatoes are tender. Top generously with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley.
[b]Alyssa Also Recommends: [/b]
Want to make this even easier? Here are a few products that I LOVE:
•[url:3]Staub Cast Iron Skillet[/url]
•[url:4]6 Quart Slow Cooker[/url]