This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
It’s a New Year! Yay! And with the New Year and a cruise next month, you know what that means. Time to eat better and hit the gym regularly! The fun of all the Christmas treats and parties is over and now the work begins. The best part of this meal is that I feel like I was still having a delicious meal for dinner and it was healthy! You save on so many calories by wrapping in lettuce. And I loved being able to top with fresh ingredients. The flavor of this chicken was so good and had a little kick to it. My husband had four wraps. He loved them! We will probably be having these on a weekly basis until the cruise. This recipe was so easy and the chicken just shredded perfectly and was so tender. It was delish!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star
Review: I didn’t add the jalepeno for fear that it may be to spicy for the kiddos. It still had a kick to it because I used hot salsa. We will be making this again. My hubby couldn’t get enough!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
SLOW COOKER TEX MEX LETTUCE WRAPS
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on the chicken breasts. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken breasts along the bottom.
- Put diced onion and jalepeno over the top of the chicken breasts. Pour salsa on top.
- Cook Chicken on low for 4-5 hours.
- Take chicken out of slow cooker and shred. Place back in slow cooker and stir to combine. Salt to taste.
- To serve place about 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the center of the lettuce wrap and roll up! Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.