Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is the perfect way to get tender juicy turkey with a fraction of the prep, but all the flavor. Let the slow cooker do ALL the work!
Using the slow cooker for your turkey frees up the stove and oven for all the amazing sides. Combine this succulent Turkey with Roasted Autumn Vegetable Stuffing, Famous Mashed Potatoes, The Best Sweet Potato Casserole, The World’s Best Green Bean Casserole and some Parker House Rolls and you’ve got Thanksgiving, or any special occasion covered.
Turkey Breast in the Slow Cooker
I always make my turkeys in the oven. Why have I never made them in the slow cooker before? I love my slow cooker! It took me a total of 5 minutes to throw this into the slow cooker. In just a few hours, I had the most delicious, moist, and tender turkey that I have ever had in my life!
I have always wanted to try making turkey in the slow cooker. This was the perfect opportunity! It was a smaller turkey and just right for our family. This was the most moist and tender turkey I have had. Which makes sense because it seals in the moisture and cooks in the juices all day. I couldn’t believe how delicious this turned out! And the sauce that it cooked in all day gave it the perfect flavor. This will not just be a seasonal meal made at our house. We will be making this year round!
Turkey Breast Ingredients
This will take 5 min to put together and then let the slow cooker do the rest. Super simple and tastes amazing!
- Turkey Breast: 5-6 pounds, make sure it fits in your slow cooker.
- Orange Juice: Adds a nice zing
- Whole Cranberry Sauce: Cranberries were made for turkey
- Onion Soup Mix: One of the best flavors you can add to anything
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste
Making Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Sometimes you just don’t want or need to cook an entire turkey. Maybe it’s just a smaller crowd this year, or maybe your family made the turkey this year but you still want leftovers. Slow cooker Turkey Breast is the perfect way to satisfy your turkey cravings, whatever they maybe.
- Prep: Either use a slow cooker liner or spray your cooker with cooking spray. Make sure your Turkey Breast is thawed and place inside.
- Mix: In a separate bowl mix the cranberry sauce, onion soup, orange juice together and pour over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook: Cove and cook on low for about 8-9 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Remove and cover with foil and let it rest for at least 5-15 minute.
Tips for Tender Turkey Breast
I love the flavor this imparts, it’s perfect, but you can always use a few tips right?!
- Turkey: Can’t stress enough to make sure your turkey fits in the crock pot.
- Bone-In: Having a bone in and skin on turkey imparts more flavor and moisture into your turkey. You can remove the skin before carving.
- Rest: Allowing the turkey to rest before carving gives the juices time to distribute evenly through the meat. It sounds weird but it’s totally true. Let it rest before cutting.
- Veggies: You can add carrots, celery, onion chunked to the bottom of your slow cooker before you add the turkey if you’d like.
- Crisp it: If you want a classic crispy top, place under the broiler for 5-8 minutes, basting as necessary.
- How much to buy: Aim for buying ¾ of a pound of turkey per a person. If you want leftovers, plan on a 1lb per person.
- Thaw: Be sure to thoroughly thaw your turkey breast in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Do not thaw at room temperature.
- Gravy: Make gravy to go with it!
- Fridge: If you have any leftovers store them in the fridge in a tightly sealed container or even a freezer bag for up to 4-5 days.
- Freeze in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months,
- Bone: Save and freeze the bone to throw in soup another time.
More Turkey Loving Recipes
- Leftover Turkey Casserole
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocado
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Turkey Mediterranean Casserole
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 1 5 to 6 pound turkey breast make sure it will fit into your slow cooker
- salt and pepper (I used a garlic salt blend)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 14 ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 package Onion Soup Mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line your slow cooker with a liner or spray with cooking spray. I like using a liner so that the clean up is easy. Place the thawed turkey into the crockpot and salt and pepper the top.
- Mix together the cranberry sauce, onion soup mix, and orange juice. Pour over the top of the turkey. Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. I love using the Lawry's coarse seasoned pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8-9 hours or until your thermometer reads 180. Carefully remove your turkey and place it on a plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes before carving and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.