This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Orzo pasta that is filled with corn, black beans, cilantro, avocado and cherry tomatoes. The cilantro lime ranch dressing on top is incredible!
It’s hot here in Utah my friends. Like 102 degrees. We only go outside if it involves a kiddie pool and a hose to cool us down. Since I am not a fan of using the oven when it is so hot we love to get together and have a BBQ.
I always try to have a delicious side to go with our BBQ. Something cool and filled with all of my faves.
I love orzo pasta. The texture is a mix between pasta and rice and it is amazing. I wanted to use orzo in a delicious pasta dish to take to a gathering. Then it came to mind to make a southwestern style pasta salad. I filled it with corn, black beans, cilantro, avocados, and cherry tomatoes. The result was delicious!
The textures and flavors combined so well in this easy to make orzo salad. I love cilantro ranch dressing on pretty much anything. So I added some lime and tossed it with the salad. IT WAS AMAZING!
I instantly fell in love with my first bite.
I know that you guys are going to love this one! It is sure to be a hit wherever it goes. 🙂
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Southwest Orzo Salad with Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo uncooked
- 1 can corn 15 oz., drained
- 1 can black beans 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Cilantro Lime Ranch:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and prepare orzo according to package directions. Rinse in cold water.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro and toss.
To make the cilantro lime ranch:
- In a food processor or blender, add the mayonnaise, greek yogurt, milk, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pulse until blended.
- Pour the dressing over the orzo salad and toss until coated. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.