Strawberry Cheesecake Salad is a sweet and creamy dessert with fresh strawberries hidden throughout. This is the biggest hit at any potluck and SO easy to make!
No summer barbecue is complete without a creamy, delicious salad. For even more potluck dishes be sure to try ambrosia salad, creamy pea salad, or pineapple fluff!
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
I love anything that has to do with cheesecake. I mean who doesn’t? This is my go to recipe for any get together. It’s a huge hit and people are always asking for the recipe! I love it because it’s so easy to throw together but is the most perfect side. This salad is so creamy and the mixture of strawberries and bananas go together perfectly. Each bite is sweet, creamy heaven!
Now, I can already hear some of you saying… “that’s not a salad!”. And you’re right! In the traditional cold, chopped vegetable meaning of salad, no, it’s not. But in a creamy fruit salad kind of way… absolutely! Cheesecake salads are usually made with no-bake cheesecake filling/pudding and frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), then folded together with fresh fruit. This version also utilizes some strawberry yogurt to bring even more fruit flavor into the dish!
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad Ingredients
You only need 6 simple ingredients to make the best fruit salad. It’s an inexpensive side dish that’s great for feeding a crowd! If you’re looking for measurements, they can all be found below in the recipe card.
- Whipped Topping: Let this thaw in refrigerator overnight before you use it.
- Cheesecake Pudding Powder: Pudding mix gives this fruit salad the richness of cheesecake but with a light and fluffy consistency.
- Strawberry Yogurt: The creaminess of the yogurt mixes perfectly with the pudding and whipped topping to make a soft and sweet filling.
- Fresh Strawberries: The star of the show! Fresh is best, but you can also use frozen strawberries. Just make sure they’re thawed with any excess liquid drained to keep your salad from turning out watery.
- Bananas: Slice and wait to add them to the salad until the last minute to keep it as fresh as possible.
- Mini Marshmallows: Optional, but it’s my kids’ favorite part of this salad!
Substitutions You Can Use
To substitute the cool whip and cheesecake pudding powder, use 8 ounces of cream cheese, ½ cup of granulated sugar, and 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
This strawberry cheesecake salad recipe is foolproof. All you need to do is mix your ingredients together and let your salad chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it!
- Combine Ingredients: In a large salad bowl, mix together the yogurt, pudding and whipped topping. Put in the fridge and allow to set up for an hour.
- Add Sliced Fruit: Add sliced strawberries to the mixture with the marshmallows. Add in the bananas right before serving. Keep refrigerated.
How to Keep Fruit Salad Fresh
- Keep Fruit Dry: Any water that is present will cause the produce to soften faster. Keep air off of it and dry your fruit after you wash it. Save problem produce like bananas for the end and add right before serving.
- Store Fruit Separately: When making this recipe ahead of time, prepare the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate in a bowl. Separately, mix all the fruit in a large bowl and refrigerate. Then, before serving, drain any excess liquid from the fruit. Finally, fold the cheesecake filling into the fruit and its ready to be served and enjoyed!
Tips and Variations
Here are a few simple ways to make your strawberry cheesecake salad turn out even better! One more tip… you may want to double this recipe. Every time I bring it to a potluck, it’s gone in a snap!
- Use an Egg Slicer: Slice strawberries with a sturdy egg slicer for even pieces.
- Wait to Add Fruit: Add the fruit just before serving so it doesn’t get mushy or discolored.
- Use Sour Cream: For extra tanginess, use some sour cream in place of some of the yogurt.
- Adjust Consistency: The amount of strawberries used will depend on how much fruit-to-fluff that you want.
- Add Other Fruits: You can add any fruit you want to this incredibly versatile salad! Some great choices are pineapple, mango, mandarin oranges, grapes, kiwis, raspberries, blackberries, or melon slices.
It’s best to serve this fruit salad fresh, but you can also keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. If you plan on making it ahead, store the cheesecake pudding and fruit separately and combine just before serving.
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small package cheesecake pudding powder 3.4 ounce
- 2 cups strawberry yogurt (About 3 (6 ounce) yogurt containers)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 bananas sliced
Optional Substitute for whipped topping and cheesecake powder:
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl mix together the yogurt and pudding powder. Fold in the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate to allow it to set up for about an hour.
- Add the sliced strawberries, marshmallows, and bananas right before serving. Keep refrigerated.
If using the cool whip and cheesecake pudding powder substitute:
- In a large bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar, and heavy whipping cream until it is creamy and stiff peaks form. Fold in the strawberry yogurt, strawberries, marshmallows and bananas.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I am making this and I noticed you have putting for pudding. You may can correct that. Looking forward to tasting when I am donr
Do you use any lemon juice with the bananas?
I did not for this recipe but I know you can if you are needing to make it ahead of time.
Am confused regarding the yogurt ingredient?? It states …”3 6oz yogurt” … are you saying it takes 3 …6 oz yogurts?? Couldn’t find anywhere this confirms this amount? Please respond…
Yes, it will be 3 containers of 6 oz yogurts.
Made for Easter dinner. Was a hit. Followed the recipe exactly as written, but added a small can of crushed pineapple which gave it a little boost of flavor. Will definitely make again.
Can’t wait to try this out! Looks like it will be a great hit with the grandkids!!!!!
Would you please share the nutritional information for your recipes?
I like to use skinnytaste.com or myfitnesspal.com to help with any nutritional information. Thanks for following along with me! XOXO
Looks good and refreshing. I think I’ll make this in the next few days!
I wonder how this would taste with some nuts in it, maybe pecans?
That sounds delicious! Let me know what your favorite is!
This looks easy to make. Like everything but the Marshmallows
How would you make this for a party of 60
WOW!! That is awesome! Those 60 people will be so happy to have this salad! I would triple the batch. If you want to make sure that each person gets a taste of the salad I would recommend filling little dishes for everyone unless you prefer a few large bowls for a potluck style serving. Hope that helps and you are able to make it! Thanks so much for choosing one of my recipes! XOXO
Thanks for that I’ve love all your recipes
I am going to make this recipe for a party. The only cheesecake Jello I could find has to be cooked. In this recipe it just says add cheese cake powder. Do I need to cook the pudding or just add it to the recipe. This looks like such a delicious recipe for summer. I can’t wait to make.
You will just add the jello mix into the salad without cooking it! Hope that helps and you enjoy! XOXO
This salad/dessert is not for the calorie counting folks. It is smooth and creamy, loaded with what you would want in a dessert. My preference is no bananas, and add chopped pecans.
I ENJOY YOUR RECEIPTS THEY ARE TRULY DELICIOUS AND THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO SHARE IN YOUR DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE SALAD IT IS THE GREATEST!!
AW!! Thank you so much! I am so glad that you are enjoying my recipes! I really appreciate it and love that you love the strawberry cheesecake salad! It is out favorite!! XOXO
Making this recipe today for a ladies church luncheon. I had a taste of just the batter before putting in fridge and letting set up and ooooooh how delicious. Can’t wait for the fruit to be added. After reading all the comments I am choosing to add a small amount of marshmallow and will add some pecans on top and some well drained pineapple tidbits to see how they all come together. Making two batches to play with different things.
Thanks again perfect recipe for strawberries coming into picking time.
I made this for the 4th of July last year and it was a huge hit! I’ve had requests to bring it to every get together. I’m not a fan of marshmallows so I leave those out and put blueberries in to make it red, white and blue 🙂
These recipe’s are great keep them coming.
It would be good with pound cake that you put little pineapple juice poured over it not a lot don’T Want T soak it.than freeze part way.than take out and cut in cubes and add.also pineapple chunks added.makes it so great.
I used Greek yogurt as well graham cracker crumbs on the top and it was a hit at the graduation party. I actually TRIPLED the batch and it was almost gone by the end of the night. Thank you very much for sharing this awesome recipe!!!!
Did you use the “instant” version of cheesecake pudding?
Yes I did.
I couldn’t find cheesecake powder so I substituted Hershey’s white chocolate powder. We also used an 8-oz tub of Cool Whip and 10.6 oz of Greek strawberry yogurt, again, due to what we could find. Great stuff, and I don’t think I’d switch to the regular recipe due to how much I like this one! I don’t think I’d like the bananas and marshmallows on top, but that is of course personal preference and other people might love it. Thanks for the recipe, we all love it.
Do I use the big box of Jello no bake cheesecake mix? 11.2oz?
yes. Sorry I should clarify on that.
I think instead of using the cheesecake pudding mix powder you could use the Philadelphia nobake cheesecake filling that is avaliable in the tub in the Grocery store
1 bag of marshmallows
16 oz vanilla yogurt
1 reg tub of cool whip
nobake cheesecake filling
stir in strawberries, bananas, or your favorite fruit
you could also cut of some small square pieces of angle food cake to mix in and use 1/2 bag of marshmallows
I have made it this way instead as well! I am going to get a recipe and picture up for it soon.
What size is the no bake cheesecake filling?