This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Super Easy Strawberry Crisp. The perfect dessert for summer!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing with you this Easy Strawberry Crisp!
I love making crisps and cobblers during the summer. This fruit crisp takes only 10 minutes of prep time, 40 minutes in the oven and requires only 8 ingredients!
The crumb topping is made with old fashioned oats, butter and all purpose flour.
I blend up the butter, oats and sugar in a food processor until crumbly then fold in the oats. This is so much easier than mixing by hand.
I start by adding fruit, lemon juice and sugar to a large bowl and toss the fruit until coated. The lemon juice adds a nice tartness and the sugar sweetens up the crisp.
Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet or a 9 -inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl toss together the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and 3 tablespoons flour.
- Combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the oats.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture into the skillet.
- Crumble the crisp topping on top of the strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.