Super Easy Strawberry Crisp. The perfect dessert for summer!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing with you this Easy Strawberry Crisp!
I love making crisps and cobblers during the summer. This fruit crisp takes only 10 minutes of prep time, 40 minutes in the oven and requires only 8 ingredients!
The crumb topping is made with old fashioned oats, butter and all purpose flour.
I blend up the butter, oats and sugar in a food processor until crumbly then fold in the oats. This is so much easier than mixing by hand.
I start by adding fruit, lemon juice and sugar to a large bowl and toss the fruit until coated. The lemon juice adds a nice tartness and the sugar sweetens up the crisp.
Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
- 5 cups strawberries medium dice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet or a 9 -inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl toss together the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and 3 tablespoons flour.
- Combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the oats.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture into the skillet.
- Crumble the crisp topping on top of the strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Love this Strawberry Crisp? Here are some more dessert recipes from Chef Savvy to try!
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Cake