Super Easy Strawberry Crisp. The perfect dessert for summer!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing with you this Easy Strawberry Crisp!
I love making crisps and cobblers during the summer. This fruit crisp takes only 10 minutes of prep time, 40 minutes in the oven and requires only 8 ingredients!
The crumb topping is made with old fashioned oats, butter and all purpose flour.
I blend up the butter, oats and sugar in a food processor until crumbly then fold in the oats. This is so much easier than mixing by hand.
I start by adding fruit, lemon juice and sugar to a large bowl and toss the fruit until coated. The lemon juice adds a nice tartness and the sugar sweetens up the crisp.
Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
- 5 cups strawberries medium dice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet or a 9 -inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl toss together the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and 3 tablespoons flour.
- Combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the oats.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture into the skillet.
- Crumble the crisp topping on top of the strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I added a cup and a half of rhubarb to make the five cups of strawberries. It turned out great, I will have to make it just like this again for 4th of July and pair it with icecream. MMMMMM
This is delicious!! Thanks for sharing this awesome and easy dessert recipe!
I’ve made this twice now this summer. Absolutely amazing recipe. I pair ours with a homestyle vanilla ice cream and my husband loves it! Five Stars all the way!! I’d love to see more from this contributor. Thanks a bunch!
MMMM that sounds delicious!! Thanks so much for sharing!! The contributors also have their own personal page if you are interested in looking them up!! Hope that helps! XO
Strawberry season is here, need to try!!
Oh yummy! This looks so tasty!
I love this dessert!!