This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Sweet Potato Hash is a delicious savory breakfast that will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Everything is made in one pan making the cooking and cleaning easy. Breakfast for dinner never sounded so good!
Sweet potatoes are so delicious in savory dishes like this hash. The sweet and savory combo is just so irresistibly good! For more yummy sweet potato dishes, try Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie, and Cranberry Pecan Sweet Potato Rice Pilaf.
Sweet Potato Hash
This dish is great for breakfast or dinner. It’s loaded with plenty of vegetables and even a little bacon. The whole family is bound to love this dish!
How to make Sweet Potato Hash?
- Chop up all your vegetables and bacon.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet (I prefer cast iron) over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onion and pepper to the pan of bacon grease and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the sweet potatoes and spices. Cook another 10-12 minutes until almost tender.
- Stir in the cooked bacon, spinach, and salt & pepper. Cook until spinach wilts.
- Make 4 wells in the hash and then crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2-5 minutes or until eggs are done to your liking.
- Sprinkle hash with green onion and additional salt and pepper.
Can I use other vegetables?
Yes! You can really use whatever vegetables you like or have on hand. Since various vegetables have different cooking times you’ll have to be the judge of when to add them to the pan so that everything is done at the same time.
Vegetables like zucchini and mushrooms don’t need as long to cook so you’d want to add them to the pan about 5 minutes after the sweet potatoes.
How do I make this without bacon?
If you choose to not use bacon you’ll need to add fat to the pan to cook the vegetables. I recommend 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Need more than 4 eggs?
If you prefer to have more eggs per serving, I suggest removing the hash from the pan once the spinach is wilted and then just cook a bunch of eggs in the pan on their own or use a second pan to cook the eggs.
This method also allows you to cook the eggs in any form- scrambled, over easy, sunny side up…
Looking for more savory breakfast recipes? Enjoy these:
- 3-Ingredient Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Maple Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Roasted Honey Cinnamon Butter Sweet Potates
- Overnight Sweet Potato & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Sweet Potato Hash
- Cook bacon in a large skillet (I prefer cast iron) over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Cook the onion and pepper in the bacon grease for 2 minutes and then add in the potatoes. Give it a stir so the potatoes get coated in the grease and then sprinkle on the seasonings. Cook another 10-12 minutes until almost tender.
- Stir in the cooked bacon and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Make 4 wells in the pan and then crack eggs into them. Cover the skillet and cook 2-5 minutes (depending on how you prefer your eggs).
- Sprinkle with green onion, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.