These sweet and spicy bacon chicken bites will give you all the salty spice you want, mixed with the sweetness of caramelized brown sugar, all in one delicious bite. Your friends will be begging you to share the recipe!
No longer will you have to wonder what to bring to your next social with friends or co-workers. If you love bite-sized apps that pack lots of flavor, you can’t go wrong with any of these: Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites, and Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon.
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken Bites
Sweet and spicy bacon chicken bites are my new favorite appetizer to share when entertaining. The weather is warming up, and like me, many of you are getting ready to host your family and friends. I am certain this will be your new go-to bite to keep the crowds happy while you finish preparing the main course. Everyone will be so impressed with your skills. But really, how can you go wrong with anything wrapped in bacon? Yum!
The recipe is quick and is made with simple ingredients that most of us already have on hand. The flavors of the spices are perfectly balanced. The chili powder gives it a great kick while the brown sugar’s sweetness leaves you wanting more and more. Then, you add the saltiness of the bacon and you have the perfect combo of flavors. I know you and your guests will love this as much as me and mine do!
Bacon Chicken Bite Ingredients:
- Chicken Breasts: Cut into even sized squares
- Bacon: Choose a thinner cut of bacon so that it will cook through
- Brown Sugar: The richness of the brown sugar holds up to the spice from the other seasonings
- Chili Powder: Adjust the amount of chili powder to suit your spice preference
- Paprika: Adds color and spice
- Garlic Powder: You can’t go wrong with garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper: A staple in any good recipe
- Sliced Green Onions: Sprinkle over the top of your finished chicken for extra flavor and color
How to Make Bacon Chicken Bites:
There are many ways to personalize your Bacon Chicken Bites. I choose to do mine Sweet with a little bit of Spice.
You’ll notice that I roll the Bacon Wrapped Chicken in two different bowls instead of having all spices mixed into one. I do this because rolling them in the brown sugar after being rolled with the spicier and savory spices lets the sugar caramelize the Bacon and Chicken as a whole while it cooks.
- Preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying with cooking spray. Cut bacon in halves or thirds depending on how thick your chicken is. Wrap each piece of chicken in the bacon.
- Coat the chicken. In a small bowl add the chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder. In another small bowl add the brown sugar. Roll the bacon wrapped chicken first in the spices and then in the brown sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and remaining brown sugar (if any)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
Easy Dipping Sauces to Try:
While these are perfect and delicious served without a dipping sauce, there is no harm in adding a little pizzazz to your dish. Specially when serving this dish at a get together you know there will always be people who love a good dip.
Try these Dipping Sauces that I have come to love:
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken Bites
- 3 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- optional garnish: sliced green onions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying with cooking spray. Cut bacon in halves to thirds depending on how thick your chicken is. Wrap each piece of chicken in the bacon.
- In a small bowl add the chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder. In another small bowl add the brown sugar. Roll the bacon wrapped chicken first in the spices and then in the brown sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and remaining brown sugar (if any) and bake for 35-40 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Always had such luck with these…use swerve brown sugar sub and it is amazing. Love it!!
Has anyone tried these in an air fryer? Wondering how long and what temp?
Great idea! Let me know how they turn out!
Totally delicious like Alllllll your recipes ! 😀 the store was sold out of chili powder so i used ancho chili powder still delicious ! I rolled the chicken in the spice first then wrapped it in bacon and did the brown sugar last it was awesome! Your my favorite i use ALLLLL your recipes ! Thank you 😊
This looks so amazing, but I’m cooking for someone doing keto…do you have any recommendation for a substitute for brown sugar that will be just as tasty? I would love to make these. Thanks 🙂
I have not been on the Keto diet yet. I like to use skinnytaste.com or myfitnesspal.com for any questions regarding nutrition. Hope you can find what you are looking for. Thanks for following along with me!
Oh, these were sooo good. Even my husband liked them( he doesn’t always want to try something different). I cooked mine on the Traeger on a mesh mat, so they weren’t sitting in the grease. OMG.
Can you freeze these also, after cooking them?
Raw or cooked chicken
Amazing! 5 stars. I only used 1/2 the sugar and was glad. This is the recipe by which I will judge all other bacon wrapped chicken recipes.
I cooked them on a cookie cooling rack inside a pan with sides and all the bacon fat dripped below. Delish!!!
I would partially cook the bacon to remove some of the grease.
It doesn’t appear that you officially rated this recipe!! ; ) I am making these to take to a party tomorrow and am thankful for your share!!
How do you keep the bacon from falling off the chicken when you wrap them? Especially when you toss them in the seasoning afterwards. Thanks 🙂
I was able to wrap them so they overlapped a bit… but you can also put a toothpick through the center.
Hi Alyssa, great bacon dish! How about adding it to the Food on Friday: Bacon collection over at Carole’s Chatter? Cheers
Bacon wrapped ANYTHING could never be wrong! What a perfect app!
These look so wonderful. I’m sure they’d be great for tailgating, but I’d enjoy these for dinner as well! 🙂
The perfect game day appetizers, love these!