This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Taco Stuffed Peppers. This quick and easy dinner recipe is sure to please the whole family! Peppers filled with the best taco meat, topped with cheese, and all the best taco toppings!
Hey everyone! Serene from House of Yumm back with you today. And I’m sharing these Taco Stuffed Peppers! These are the perfect low carb, easy to make family dinner recipe. I love classic ground beef tacos, but sometimes it’s fun to change things up a bit.
I absolutely love finding new ways to serve up tacos for my family. Serving up taco meat inside veggies is a great way to get more vegetables in their diets. Taco Stuffed Avocados also frequently appear on our menu.
How to Make Taco Stuffed Peppers:
- Cut the peppers in half, and scoop out the seeds and membranes from the inside. It’s easy to do with a spoon.
- Lay the peppers on a baking sheet and bake them to soften.
- While the peppers bake, prepare the taco meat. I recommend my recipe for the Best Ground Beef Taco Meat.
- Once the peppers are softened and the ground beef is prepared then spoon the taco meat into the peppers, top with cheese. You can bake for a couple additional minutes to melt the cheese if desired.
- Top with any desired toppings and enjoy!
This recipe is written for 3 bell peppers. You can use any color that you prefer. I find that 1 pound of ground beef is the perfect amount for the 3 bell peppers, which make 6 stuffed peppers.
You can also swap out the ground beef for ground turkey, or even shredded chicken if you’re looking for something lighter.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half. Spoon out the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers cut side up on a medium size baking sheet.
- Bake the peppers for about 20 minutes until the peppers are softened.
- While the peppers are baking, prepare the taco meat. Place the ground beef into a medium size skillet, cook over medium heat while breaking up the meat. Once the meat is browned and fully cooked, add the taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the cooked meat into the cooked peppers. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese if desired.
- Serve warm, top with any additional taco toppings desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.