This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Get ready for the best tahini sauce that you have ever tasted! This makes any falafel, vegetable or salad taste better and it takes less than 5 minutes to put it all together!
I love a good sauce. They elevate any meal and not only add a delicious flavor but a creamy texture. Try out some of my other favorite sauces like this homemade alfredo sauce, this easy easy BBQ sauce, or this amazing garlic aioli sauce.
What is Tahini Sauce?
Tahini sauce is a creamy seasame based sauce that is popular in the Mediterranian and Middle Eastern cuisines. It’s commonly used on falafels, vegetables, as a salad dressing or on some pita bread. The flavor is a bit nutty, from the tahini paste that is used, but it also has a slight citrus flavor from the lemon. The end result is a deliciously creamy sauce that is meant for dipping! It is similar in it’s uses to hummus!
I love it when I can whip up something that elevates any recipe in only a few minutes. It’s so quick and easy and it can be made in under 10 minutes. This sauce is so versatile because of it’s nutty and flavor. Because I can use it on so many things, I always make extra and store it in my fridge for later. My kids love this as an after school snack to dip their carrots into. They gobble it up This is so delicious, you’ll love it!
Ingredients in Tahini Sauce
This ingredients list in this tahini sauce recipe is pretty short. The only thing on it that you may have to plan ahead for is the Tahini paste. But you can find that on Amazon or from your local grocery store in the international aisle. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Lemon Juice: You can use fresh lemon juice or juice from a bottle.
- Garlic Cloves: I like to use fresh garlic cloves in my recipes but if you need to used minced garlic in a pinch then you can use that too. 1/2 teaspoon usually equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Tahini: The tahini paste is what brings in that delicious and earthy nutty flavor.
- Cumin: I love the distinct flavor that cumin brings to any recipe.
- Salt: The salt will enhance all of the flavors in the sauce.
- Water: Use this to think out the sauce to the texture of your liking. Add more water to make it more like a salad dressing that you can drizzle on anything.
How to Make Tahini Sauce
Take 5 minutes of your time to whip this right up and you won’t regret it! It’s so good!
- Blend: In a food processor blend together the lemon juice and garlic cloves.
- Strain: Using a mesh strainer, pour the lemon and garlic into a bowl and discard any chunks.
- Combine: In the same bowl add the tahini, cumin, and salt and whisk together.
- Add water: Add the water a little bit at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve: You can sprinkle the top with some parsley and sesame seeds (optional) and then serve with pita or veggies.
Tahini sauce can easily be changed up by adding different fresh herbs. Some popular ones to add to the sauce are parsley, basil, dill, or even cilantro! Use them as a garnish on top or blend them right into the sauce with your food processor.
How to Store Leftovers
This tahini sauce stores well so that you can have it all season long! Place it in an airtight container or jar and put it in your fridge. It will last up to 6 months.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Homemade Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup Water
- In a food processor blend together the lemon juice and garlic cloves.
- Using a mesh strainer, pour the lemon and garlic into a bowl and discard any chunks.
- In the same bowl add the tahini, cumin, and salt and stir together.
- Add the water a little bit at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve with pita or veggies.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.