This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Hi. My name is Alyssa and I am addicted to Muddy Buddies. Ok phew. The first stage is admitting it. Unfortunately I have also accepted the fact that I will always be addicted! What is it with these that are so delicious? I even had to get a bag on our most recent road trip. They weren’t the same as a fresh batch made at home, but they still were great! Someone told me a few weeks back when I posted the last muddy buddy recipe that I should make a mint kind. I gladly took on the challenge. Holy yum! I loved the mint flavor in these! And the tiny thin mint cookies that coated the outside made them extra amazing! So fun for St Patricks Day, girl scout season, or really any time of the year!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Review: I made this with mint chips but wonder if using white chocolate chips with some mint extract would work as well. I loved the minty flavor in this and the fact that they had my favorite girl scout cookie in them made them a win!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Thin Mint Muddy Buddies
- 5 ounces Guittards Green Mint chips or green candy melts, the thin mints will still make them minty
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 5 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 tsp shortening
- 9 Thin Mint Cookies or Keebler grasshopper cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Divide the chex cereal into two bowls. 2 1/2 cups in each.
- In a food processor crush 8 thin mint cookies until fine. You can also crush in a gallon size bag with rolling pin.
- In two gallon size bags, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar into each bag with 1/2 of the crushed thin mints into each bag. (It was about 1/2 cup of crushed thin mints.) Set aside.
- Melt the mint chocolate chips (or green candy melts) and milk chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls. Melt 30 seconds at a time with 1/2 tsp shortening in each stirring after each 30 seconds until melted.
- Once melted, stir in the chocolate into the separate bowls with Chex cereal until the Chex are coated well with the chocolate.
- Add the mint chocolate and milk chocolate separately to the gallon sized bags with powdered sugar and crushed thin mints and shake until they are coated.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.