Join the Recipe Critic for the latest and greatest! Like us on Facebook or follow on Pinterest!
I have never made fudge before. Why you ask? I don’t like fudge. I have said before that I used to hate chocolate. I have grown to like some of it, but I usually don’t like chocolate by itself. So fudge has just never appealed to me. I prefer white chocolate over milk chocolate any day! So when I found this white chocolate fudge recipe AND it had cashews on the top…. this is my kind of fudge!! Making fudge was a lot easier than expected and I loved that it made a lot so that I can give it away for gifts. It was delicious! All of my favorite things in one fudgy yummy place!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Things that I changed: Kept the recipe the same.
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? Yes
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 cubes butter (2 sticks, 1/2 cup each)
2 12 oz bags White Chocolate Chips
7 oz jar marshmallow cream
2 tsp vanilla
6-9 oz salted cashews
1. Start by putting the bags of white chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, vanilla, and 1 cube of butter in a mixing bowl I used my kitchen aid and it made the process nice and easy.
2. In a saucepan compine the butter, sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil on medium high heat and let it boil for 10 minutes. I kept stirring mine occasionally with a wire whisk.
3. Pour hot syrup over your chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, butter, and vanilla and whip in your mixing bowl until it is fully incorporated.
4. Pour this into a buttered 9×13. I also lined mine with parchment paper so that it would come out easily.
5. Press and evenly spread the cashews on top making sure they are secure so they won’t come out when it is flipped upside down. Place in fridge for a few hours to set.
6. Once you are ready to cut, you can run the bottom of the pan under hot water to help release the fudge in the pan. Flip over on a parchment paper and cut them into squares.