Yogurt Parfait Recipe is a simple breakfast or snack that starts with a thick and creamy yogurt layered with homemade granola and fresh berries then topped with more fresh berries and a honey drizzle. A delicious breakfast ready in only a few minutes!
The BEST Yogurt Parfait
If you are looking for a quick breakfast idea in the morning or a pick me up snack during the day, this yogurt parfait is seriously The BEST! I am all about easy for breakfast but worth the calories. These yogurt parfaits are low in calories, healthy and delicious! It has all that I need and love in one little cup. They are simple to make and layer so easily. Begin by layering your cup or bowl with your desired yogurt. The best yogurt I love is a rich and creamy yogurt that is usually vanilla flavored. Vanilla yogurt is a sweet and creamy yogurt that is popular for yogurt parfait recipes. Greek Yogurt is also a favorite and has a thicker texture plus protein already in the yogurt.
The next layer is granola! This is a sweet and crunchy texture. With the yogurt and granola combination it makes you keep digging in. I love my homemade granola that is filled with oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit baked all together. This granola will last about 1 month stored properly but I have never made it past a few days. It is that good!! It is simple to add to so many recipes or just enjoy a handful at a time.
Fresh berries are then added to this layer and make this yogurt parfait even better with sweetness and the fresh taste of berries in every bite. I can never have enough berries in my life! I am a total fruit and vegetable girl. Add in all your favorite berries and infuse your mouth with this rich, thick and creamy yogurt parfait. It is one of the best parfaits I have made with these layers.
Yogurt Parfait Ingredients:
Only a handful of ingredients to make these yogurt parfaits standout, look pretty and taste AMAZINGLY delicious! You will impress yourself at how simple these are to make as well as how good they taste. Make the homemade granola ahead of time and enjoy yogurt parfaits on a daily basis. It is that simple! Add a drizzle of honey over top for a little sweetness and your yogurt parfait will be to die for!
- Vanilla Yogurt: Choose the yogurt of your choice. Thick, rich and creamy makes yogurt parfait this even better!
- Homemade Granola: This granola is simple to make and can be stored for several days of parfaits and any other ways of enjoying it.
- Fresh Mixed Berries: Fresh berries are best! Wash, dry and cut them if needed for easy eating.
- Honey for Optional Drizzle: Add this over top for a sweet taste and beautiful presentation.
How to Make Yogurt Parfaits:
Simple ingredients leads to a simple yogurt parfait recipe! Pick a cup or bowl that you would love to eat out of. I prefer a cup when I am on the go. It is easy to hold as well as tall for the pretty layers to stay in place while moving around. Every layer combines and creates an AMAZING taste and texture of smooth and creamy with a berry flavor and granola crunch. A total party in your mouth!
- Layer cups: Layer each cup with yogurt, homemade granola and fresh berries. Repeat the layers until the cup is full. Top with berries and drizzle with honey.
Variations of Yogurt Parfait Recipe:
Make you yogurt parfait just the way you like it. Try so many variations of fruits, yogurt, granola and even toppings. The variations are endless with this yogurt parfait recipe.
- Fruit: Choose your favorite fruit like sliced apples, bananas, oranges, grapefruit, pineapple or even a honey dew melon.
- Yogurt: Greek or plain vanilla are great choices or you can even try flavored yogurt such as strawberry or raspberry yogurt. Even mix up your yogurt flavors in your layers. Have fun with your yogurt parfait!
- Chocolate: Induldge in a little chocolate. Mini chocolate chips, chocolate syrup or hot fudge makes this a little sweeter and gives you that sugary boost.
- Nuts: Add in pecans, walnuts, pine nuts or peanuts for a sweet and salty taste.
- Toppings: Shredded coconut is always a fun way to top it off or adding whipping cream.
Storing The BEST Yogurt Parfaits:
Yogurt parfaits are the BEST recipe to make on a busy day or even the day before. They are simple to make ahead of time and grab straight out of the refrigerator. Make it even easier on you and wash, dry and cut the fresh berries that need to be cut then place in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Next, make the homemade granola and store in an airtight container. When ready to make your yogurt parfait recipe just simply add in your ingredients that are already prepped for you.
- Can you make yogurt parfaits ahead of time? Yes! They are best fresh and made at the time of enjoying but you can make these ahead of time. The berries do tend to bleed and color the vanilla yogurt if they sit for too long. It is best to prepare the layers in a cup, then tightly wrap the cup the best you can in plastic wrap. When ready to eat just add the last topping of fresh berries and you you have a go-to breakfast each morning.
- Can you freeze yogurt parfaits? No, this is best not to freeze. They are simple to make and can be made quickly in less than 5 minutes.
Try More Delicious and Healthy Breakfasts Recipes:
- Almond Granola Bars
- The Best Acai Bowls (Three Ways!)
- Coconut Blueberry Oatmeal
- BlackBerry Lime Green Smoothie
- Easy Keto Pancakes
Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- 24 ounces vanilla yogurt
- Recipe for Homemade Granola
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- Honey for optional drizzle
- Layer each cup with yogurt, homemade granola and fresh berries. Repeat the layers until the cup is full. Top with berries and drizzle with honey.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Thanks alot for sharing your parfait ideas,I can’t wait try them out.
yum yum Looks irresistibly delicious! Adding this to my favourite breakfast!
Sounds delicious! I will need to try this! 😉