Sometimes I think I buy bananas so they can sit on my counter and get over-ripe just so I can make a delicious treat. With how amazing this cinnamon swirled banana bread was, I might just buy bananas every week so that I always have over-ripe bananas on hand! This bread was AMAZING!! My hubby took a bite of this and was screaming, This is the best banana bread you have ever made!! This honestly felt like to me that it was a snickerdoodle banana bread. The cinnamon was swirled through the middle AND the top of the bread had like a cinnamon sugary crust. Wow. Enough talking. Use us those over-ripe bananas and make this as fast as you can! Or go and buy some and let them get over-ripe. You will love this!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: Nothing
Things that I would do differently next time: I would put more of the cinnamon sugar in the middle than on top. The top was awesome but I did have a little excess cinnamon sugar. I am also going to try a glaze on top. 1/2 powdered sugar and 1 TBS heavy cream. Doesn’t that sound heavenly?
Will I make this again? Heck yes
3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
1/3 Cup melted Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Grease and flour a loaf pan. I used a 9×5.
2. Mix bananas, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla together.
3. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt on top. Gently mix in the flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
4. Add half of the batter in the greased pan. Spoon the cinnamon mixture on top of this. Use most of it, only leaving a little to sprinkle on the top.
5. Add the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar on top.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes. (Mine took 50) and adjust the baking time if you are using a smaller loaf pan.
Recipe from Lovin in the Oven