Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Banana Bread has a delicious cinnamon swirl and cheesecake filling with walnuts hidden inside. This will easily be one of the best quick breads that you ever make!
I sure do love a good quick bread recipe and this one immediately became an instant favorite! I had some over ripe bananas and my favorite thing to do is to make a fresh loaf of banana bread. But when you add in a cinnamon swirl, a cream cheese center, and walnuts, you are about to take your banana bread to the next level!
You start with making a simple banana bread mixture. Then you add the cinnamon sugar swirl and fill it with cream cheese. This is my favorite because its like a cheesecake center right in the middle of each bite! The top of the bread gets this delicious cinnamon sugar crust as it bakes and it comes out perfectly moist and tender!
I know that you guys are going to love this bread just as much as we did! We just couldn’t seem to get enough of it and I can’t wait to make it again!
Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 3 over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- For the cinnamon swirl:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Center:
- 4 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Fold in walnuts. Spread 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Next make the cinnamon swirl. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle a little more than half on top of the banana mixture in loaf pan.
- To make the cream cheese center: In a small bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth. Spread on top of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spread remaining banana bread batter on top of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
This post was sponsored by the California Walnut Board. Thank you for allowing me to work with brands that I love. All opinions expressed are my own.
More delicious recipes made with walnuts: