Glazed Walnut Butter Cake is a perfectly moist and tender buttery cake filled with walnuts and made with ingredients you already have on hand. This cake gets a delicious glaze and is topped with chopped walnuts and will become a new favorite!
This month we were given a fridge-a-dare and we were challenged to create a delicious recipe featuring walnuts with items we already have on hand. Now this is pretty easy for me because I always have a lot of ingredients on hand. 1: Because I am a food blogger and 2: because I have this fear of running out of our favorite items. I tend to hoard things like cheese, soy sauce, cream cheese, brown sugar, and other really random items. If the neighbors are ever short on anything, I am their go to gal! ?
As I was talking with my mom about creating a walnut recipe with items I already have, she mentioned that my grandma made the best walnut butter cake. I thought this would be a great recipe to share because it uses ingredients that are all ready in your fridge and cupboard. It is amazing how ingredients you already have on hand can create this incredible Buttery and delicious glazed walnut cake!
This cake was easily one of the best cakes that I have ever had! Our family really couldn’t get enough of it. I have yet to try a homemade cake that is so moist and tender and literally melts in your mouth. The addition of walnuts in this cake gave it such am amazing texture and crunch and added that nutty flavor of walnuts we all love.
You guys have no excuse not to make this delicious cake! You already have all of the ingredients… what are you waiting for? You are going to love it just as much as we did!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cups walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk, (3 if you want it to be thinner)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a bundt pan. (can also use a 9x13)
- In a large mixing bowl or using a stand mixer add the butter and sugar and cream together. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder together. Add the flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture alternating the flour and milk as you mix. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour into your greased and prepared bundt pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Drizzle on top of cooled cake and top with additional chopped walnuts.
This post was sponsored by the California Walnut Board. Thank you for allowing me to work with brands that I love. All opinions expressed are my own.
More delicious recipes with Walnuts: