My picky 5 year old hasn’t eaten dinner with us for two weeks now. Just smelling the food makes him gag! I have never met a pickier person ever. So I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Asian Chicken. She said it was her favorite recipe and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare. I thought ok! I think my picky eater might like this and it looks delicious and easy. Sure enough it took less than 5 minutes to throw into my slow cooker and it was the BEST thing I have eaten. My 5 year old devoured it and left nothing on his plate. You all know that I love Asian food and I could have it at least once a week! The sauce on this chicken was so wonderful and savory! You know it is good when you already want to make the recipe again in the same week!!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star
Review: This gives an option of using a liner in your crockpot for easier clean-up. I didn’t use one and the clean-up wasn’t bad, but the Oyster Sauce tends to make it stick a little more. Also don’t let the oyster sauce scare you. It doedn’t give it a fishy taste at all. The flavor of this chicken is amazing! I would make this meal every week!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca (This is found by the jello. It is in a little box either on the very top of very bottom of the shelf.)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or put a liner in it.
2. Place Chicken breasts in slow cooker.
3. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, quick-cooking tapioca, minced garlic and oyster sauce.
4. Pour over chicken and if using a liner tie up the liner.
5. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Recipe from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #76 - November 26, 2016