- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Sweet Hawaiian Ingredients:
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture. (yes you dip the chicken first in the cornstarch. I promise this method is amazing.)
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and cornstarch. Add the red pepper and pineapple tidbits. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
- I stir the chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce.
Delicious chicken that gets breaded and baked in a sweet and tangy pineapple sauce. It bakes to perfection and is so much better than takeout!
My love for this “baked chicken” all started with this baked sweet and sour chicken. I just about died when I made it for the first time and it was better than any takeout that I have ever had. The breading is spot on to any high end chinese restaurant in fact, I think you will agree that it is way better!
I have made several baked chicken recipes since then including sesame chicken, orange chicken, and firecracker chicken. All quickly became popular recipes on the blog with readers. There is something about this breading that is absolutely incredible. And then it bakes to golden and crispy perfection and it allows the sauce to thicken up.
I decided to take a sweet hawaiian spin with this one and add some pineapple to it. The result was amazing and I was reminded again how incredible this recipe is to make! If you are looking to wow your family with dinner tonight, you have got to try this recipe!